1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Genie Lamp!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by rumblebelly, Mar 7, 2002.

1. rumblebelly Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I just got the genie lamp by pickpocketing the genie in tradesmeet. I love this lamp. Anyone know if there are any other items like this in the game? I think they're pretty cool. Also, anyone know where to get a strong blunt weapon for golems?

2. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Part time spoiler:
    Go to Copper Coronet and begin Nalia's Quest in the De'Arnise hold. Here you can assemble a mighty blunt weapon to aid you for the rest of your days.

3. generaln Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

or assemble crom faeyr, although it takes more more time

4. C'Jakob Guest

A few genie lamp-like items come to mind:

-Ring of Djinni Summoning: Summon Djinni once/day, on Aran Linvail's body.
    -Lion Figurine: Summon Lion once/day, from Paladin Stronghold.
    -Moon Dog Figurine: Summon Cerebus once/day from Ranger Stronghold.
    -Black Spider Figurine: Summon Phase Spider once/day, from Athkatla Crypts.

For Blunt weapons, Skullcrusher (found in the Underdark), a Mace +3, +2 damage vs. humanoids, and Blackblood (in Trademeet), a Club +3, +3 acid damage, are both great blunt weapons. However, Crom and the Flail of Ages both overshadow them.

5. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I believe there is also a horn that comes in three colors, but I am sure. I think they are Bronze, Silver and Gold. They summon a Berserker that goes up to level 9 with the last horn. Not sure how he stands up to the other summoned creatures, but he seemed pretty cool to me.

6. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

"I think they are Bronze, Silver and Gold."

In ascending order of power, they are silver, bronze and iron, with the last one summoning a mighty 9th level berserk warrior from the halls of all dead berserk warriors (Valhalla) to fight at your side.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Don't overlook the +4 staff at the Adventurers Mart. Early in the game it's the only weapon that will hit some creatures.

8. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Since you said "for golems", I'd recommend the Rod of Smiting sold in Urst Natha, or the mighty Crom Faeyr. Although you'll really have to work for it.
    Before that, you'll want to pick up the Staff of Rynn from the Adventurer's Mart as it does +4 blunt damage. It can also strike at greater range so you can hit the BIG golems through a doorway that is too small for them to fit through while staying out of their reach.

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Guys - you do realize that this is a 10 year old thread that was revived, right? Answering 10 year old questions seems a little pointless.

Just sayin' . . .

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :doh:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.