1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Game of Thrones 14-minute Sneak Peek (HBO) *spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Taluntain, Apr 10, 2011.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

It's just a guy playing air violin and using autotune. ;) j/k.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This series has finally arrived in New Zealand. I have just watched the first episode. It was OK. I'm not convinced yet whether it will be any good, especially as we know what happens to Sean Bean.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:

NICE teaser. :thumb:

And some more:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  5. Barmy Army

Media:
    Nerdgasm!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, now that we have proper cable and HD, I’m finally caught up on the series, and I’m really enjoying it. Not completely true to the books in every detail, but I don’t really care; it’s close enough.

Having said that, maybe I’m not remembering right, but it seems to me that Joffrey is a lot more ruthless than in the books, and Cersei has more trouble controlling him than in the books. In the books, he was a brat and a bully, but in the show he’s just plain evil.

Is it just me, or does Jamie look like a real-life version of Shrek 2’s Prince Charming?

8. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:

Just you...and the rest of the free WWW!
    :D

9. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

They are not going for the sympathy angle on Joffrey. In the books, you kind of feel sorry for him at times because he's a pre-teen whose "father" isn't able to take an interest in him, his mother is an enabling tool who spoils him in the worst senses of the word, and his biological father can't take an interest in him or the truth will come out. It's no wonder he's a horrible human being -- no one has ever taught him how to control himself.

In the show, they aren't really looking at that. They just want a villain so that when he dies, there will be great cheering. I wonder if they'll make us wait until the third season or if they'll move his demise up.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You are, of course, just making an assumption about Joffrey's fate since the TV show hasn't given any hints about what that might be. ;)

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am enjoying it a lot. My only peeve is the amount of pointless nudity and *****s mostly. The scene where Joffrey abuses the *****s is utterly pointless. I am not sure whether HBO are actually gaining viewers by showing naked *****s every episode.

12. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    ^ Yeah, sometimes it seems pointless and serves no purpose at all.

But it seems to work.

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh my lord. The Blackwater, it might have been one of the most impressive bits of television ever. For me as a book reader I was so giddy I had problems following the action. If there is still anyone out there who enjoys fantasy and who hasn't watched this show you are missing out.

14. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The episode was the best I have seen on television EVER. They nailed it.

15. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

It was written by Martin himself. I'm confused as to why he isn't writing more of the episodes. He has a fair number of writing credits for television.

16. joacqin

Media:
    Do NOT distract him further from actually finishing the series!

17. Darion

Media:
    I was equally blown away. Just like the ships.:D

18. joacqin

Media:
    The Blackwater has been topped. Episode 4 of season 3 was probably better at least the ending with Daenerys now has my top spot as best TV ever. It was so perfectly done.

19. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yea, brilliant telly. I've re-watched the ending about 3 times.

20. Splunge

Media:
    Actually, I was a bit underwhelmed. I was anticipating the scene after the previous show, and I was somehow expecting it to be a bit more ... impressive. Not that it was bad, but it wasn't as spectacular as I had hoped. Even my wife (who hasn't read the books) was a bit "meh" (although she had figured out after the last show that something along that line would happen).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.