1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gack!

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by CelticDream, Mar 25, 2010.

1. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    I look at today's date and it says March 24th. Spring started this past Saturday. Why can't it warm up already? Doesn't help that thanks to lack of $ to pay for a visit to the doctor, I have been off my thyroid meds for a long while now so I don't have the ability to handle any temperature below 60 very well, but still, c'mon Mother Nature! My hands are so cold that I'm sure, were I to have a boyfriend he'd probably think my touch a bit vampiric. I heard that cold causes certain areas to shrink up a bit and that's the last thing I'd want to do to a significant other... ex's though... hmmmm, now THERE'S a thought :evil:

Also found out today that it's official - the company that my dad works for will be closing down his plant somewhere in June or July.

Not everything is bad, though. Even with all that, I'm still surprisingly very happy. I don't know why. There's some other stuff going on with school and the financial aid that has me panicking internally but right now my mood is too up-beat for it to send me into a raging panic attack that it has for the past couple of weeks. Maybe I've just resigned myself to the outcome of that situation and that's why I'm in a good mood? I have no idea. Perhaps it's the thought of making monkey bread this weekend that did it? Mmmmm... the yummy gooeyness of monkey bread... :D

2. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Man is it ever cold. It seems like autumn. :( And I hate cold like I hate dying. LOL, best analogy I could do at this time and this many weeks with little sleep.... :)

Well, I hope you're dad is alright! Does he have a backup plan?

grr, I have recently been through a break up, and I'm not entering the angryness phase, so since you have "celtic" in your name, is there any way I can drive to your place so we'll put a huge hex on our exs? Yours can have permanent shrkinage if you want... haha :p

3. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    I like the cold as much as you do Triactus. I don't like overly hot weather, but I'd like it to be quite a bit warmer than it is now.

As far as my dad goes, luckily he'll have almost a year's worth of severance pay as well as pay for the 4 months of vacation and sick time he's barely even touched, so he'll be fine that way. As far as what he plans on doing, he's talked about moving back to his home state or going into business as a consultant of some sort - probably something to do with management or automotive. I have no idea.

Ex's - what to do with 'em? Most of mine I'm still friends with, though there is one (who is unfortunately a good 12+ hour drive away) who I'd love to hex with permanent shrinkage. And yes, per the "celtic" in my name, I do have a wee bit of Irish in my blood, as well as Scottish, English, and German - though the majority is Swedish and "French Canadian" (since we're not quite sure *exactly* where my great grandpa came from - probably somewhere in the Quebec province). I just noticed - a good portion of my background is of people who are known for having some decent tempers... now I know where mine comes from. Glad I'm not a redhead on top of all that!! :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.