1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

French-canadians, rise and shine!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Disciple of The Watch, Sep 23, 2005.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Chips and mayo - ok
    Chips and gravy - needs faggots as well
    Chips and cheese - I can feel my arteries hardening
    Chips, gravy and cheese - I thought the french could cook !!!!!!

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Despite how weird it sounds, poutine is *great* stuff. It's even better when topped with smoked meat and BBQ flavoured cheese :love:
    Though one of my friends used to topis his with mayo... scary.

Try it, you'll see, it's great :evil:

Ofelix, what, you don't approve my choice of being the brain? I carry the wisdom of age! Respect your elders, young punk! :D

Just kidding.

3. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    Well, the combinations of cheese and mayo I can understand, but together with gravy turns my stomache around!

The only thing that should have gravy on it are cooked or mashed potatoes.

4. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

maudit tabarnak osti!

marde!

5. DarkStrider

You guys are wierd BBQ-flavoured cheese ??

I'd rather have some nice walnut bread with roquefort, stilton, wensleydale, yarg or chevres and a good bottle of red wine or port

6. Disciple of The Watch

You guys are wierd BBQ-flavoured cheese ??

I'd rather have some nice walnut bread with roquefort, stilton, wensleydale, yarg or chevres and a good bottle of red wine or port

Hehe, well, DarkStrider, I guess you're a fan of fine cuisine, then. Our gastronomy must seem childishly simple.

Yeah! BBQ flavoured cheese :love:

Preparing a poutine is a labor of love, you know! The fries, the gravy, the cheese, the smoked meat, the BBQ flavoured cheese...

And if it sounds weird... I understand. This was a recipe I came up with when stoned. I found smoked meat and BBQ cheese in the fridge and dumped that on the poutine, and that was the beginning of a wonderful love story... or stomach-churning story for you fine cuisine amateurs out there :D

@ Bion: Ah, some swearing in our native language! Sweet!

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    ... you are weird.

But yay for msyo on chips/fries/whatever ya want to call 'ems!

8. Disciple of The Watch

Yes, I am weird, I know. :cry:

No, seriously, withouth my modding it, poutine is fine food, indeed. We should do a BoM bamquet with five services of poutine... bring your own antiacid :D

9. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Mayo is inherently disgusting. It shouldn't be used for anything other than binding a salad or dip together, and then only in the absolute minimum quantity possible and well-doctored with things to disguise its taste.

Gravy on fries, however, is bliss. I'd be will to try a poutine...

10. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Then there's the poutine that you can use to fill potholes :p .

It's good stuff, albeit artery clogging. And I'm not even French-Canadian. Just Canadian.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Mayonaise is evil. :evil:

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Okay Bion, you knew it's really bad language did you? Oh the proper spelling is tabernacle and ostie

Good thing we ain't French eh? No seriously it's good

No the worst thing I saw was Ketchup with poutine... :eek:

And there's always the italian poutine while despite the name is also french-canadian, you just replace the gravy by tomato sauce, Or just add it ;)

13. Disciple of The Watch

Urgh, Ofelix, your mention of ketchup with poutine reminds me of my ex... she used to ate poutine with ketchup *and* mayonaise. The poutine was a f***** up tint of pink...

Urgh... how disgusting. :bang:

14. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It appears that the invasion is on. I would have been riding zamboni's. Sneaky, very sneaky. :D

Welcome to the board.

15. Disciple of The Watch

Yes... the invasion is on... and we still have our secret weapon. Muhahahaha :evil:

:D

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I know cheese fries are heavenly, but I'm a little hesitant to add gravy to the mix. :hmm:

(Ooh, a cheese question for the Wisconsinite!) It's called smoked cheddar and it's absolutely delicious. :yum:

17. Disciple of The Watch

Uh, Felinoid, while the kind of cheese you talk about is mouth-watering, that isn't exactly what I was talking about. I was plainly and dumbly speaking of gouda curls marinated in a BBQ aroma...

Argh, all this food is making me hungry. Time to order some Domino's.

18. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Another of the French Canadians here. Now mind you, not just any cheese will do to make poutine, you need cheese curds :yum: now we're talking!

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, now that we've gotten the French-Canadians attention, I'd like to talk to you on behalf of the Newfies here. Let's renegotiate the Churchhill Falls deal, m'kay? And get a *definitive* border between Quebec and Labrador.

I tried poutine and it sucks majorly! :toofar: :p

20. DarkStrider

Ok replies

@shadow scorpion yes I'm a gastromand I like the fine things in life as I can afford them; but even when stoned or another influence I don't cook wierd although once I did cook venison forrestierre fo myself and friends. :D

@Felinoid Smoked cheddar is delicious but here it's smoked using oak which has nothing to do with bbq

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.