1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Foxblocker - Everybody Needs One!

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Chandos the Red, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Just to throw in another opinion the foxblocker is completely optional yet every TV has a 'foxblocker' already - the remote or you COULD just tune out the station yourself without having to purchase the device.

I don't see how this is alley material, it's something completely optional and it doesn't really serve any purpouse. It's like re-inventing the wheel or re-discovering fire. It's been around for ages and there is no way of making it better. Whatnots? Sure. The Alley? Why?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Just in case you forgot, you already stated your opinion way up, no need to do it twice.

And I moved the thread here because serious (inflammatory even) discussion has started on the subject. If you'd read the responses here, this would have been plainly obvious to you.

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

But the item is completely pointless! It doesn't deny anyone of anything that they don't want denied to them, nobody is forcing them to install the device and it's a complete waste of money in the first place.
    Damn right! Does it block that too?

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Despite the fact that I don't really understand much of what has been said in this thread (I don't know what all the fuss about Fox News is), surely this is all just a big laugh? Am I missing something here? This is not a real device is it? I assume this is someone trying to be a bit funny and make a point of some sort at the same time.

The concept of news channels having a specific political angle to them is mostly foreign to me. If I flick between the news shows on TV in NZ, I just see exactly the same stories read by different readers.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Fox News, affectionally dubbed Faux News (owned by Rupert Murdoch), has grown into a propaganda channel for the Bush administration. Run a Google seearch for "Fox News propaganda" for more info. The problem is, it is also one of the most popular (the most popular?) news channels in the US.

And yes, the whole point of this debate is that the blocker is entirely optional, and yet there are people threatening to kill the guy because of it, and people who are offended by the mere existence of this blocker. Now what does that tell you? Certainly not that everyone considers this a joke.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

chee, thats kinda going overboard :eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.