1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Forsaken Realms: Vahrin's Call - Weather Report

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Dec 3, 2023.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Learn more about the weather system in Vahrin's Call:

[​IMG]

Time for a Weather Report!

Happy Friday all!

I can't believe we're in December already. Are you guys getting into the festive spirit?
    Hope you've managed to get all your Christmas shopping done!

From time to time we receive questions about the weather system in Vahrin's Call, and while many of you probably have a good understanding of what kind of weather the game features, I bet not many of you know what the world of Leyda looked like before this system was introduced.

In the grand scheme of things, the introduction of dynamic weather to world is very new. However, it may surprise you to know that originally not even a day/night cycle was planned to be a part of the game, as the entire story used to take place in a single night.

This was long ago, before we started sharing the game's development with you all, back when the game was still called, "Exodus: Rising". I wonder how many of you remember that name?

Anyway, back to the weather system!

Dynamic weather in Vahrin's Call offers up a breath of fresh air when exploring the world. From bright and sunny, to torrential downpour and everything in between, it's nice exploring these fantastical areas at different times of the day and in different weather conditions.

While the weather in Vahrin's Call doesn't impact gameplay - it's purely cosmetic - one of the benefits of being a semi-open world is that we can more easily cater each area in the game to have specific weather conditions, to better match the atmosphere we're trying to deliver in that location.

We're excited to see you dive into the areas we've been keeping behind closed doors, and unravel the mystery of what has befallen the once great city of Vahrin!

Before I go, as this was more of a laid-back post taking a little look at the weather system in our game, I'm curious as to what your favourite weather conditions are! Do you like it when it's sunny, snowy, rainy, stormy, foggy? Do you prefer certain weather in games, compared to real life? Let me know!

I think next week we'll take a look at our new in-game tutorial, so be sure to stop by and check it out~

Have a good weekend all!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2023
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.