1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

For dark film buffs

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Barmy Army, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    @DR: I've given up on the last few I have to go. Consider this a request for that comprehensive list! :D :roll:

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I have 1 left to get, the 2 guys who don't like each other, but my brain is fixated on hate and/or indifference, and I can't think of any films like that.

Anybody with another oblique clue please. I have to say that when I got the woman and kids, I actually groaned at how bad that was.

3. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Right, I am stuck with:
    - The old lady and the barrel of water.
    - The grim reaper.
    - The bug coming out the test tube.
    - The green M&M's wearing the dress.
    - The staircase.

:help:

Edit: Got the staircase.

DS: probably one did something to the other, or they fought for something they both wanted, so there's resentment, they have a...

Edit2: Got the woman and the water, yay! :banana:

[ September 26, 2006, 11:09: Message edited by: Colthrun ]

4. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

The bug was one of the easiest imo. Other word for bug is... The liquid substance also has a part in it.

Ignore the fact it is a dress. Color + fabric type = one (probably crappy) David Lynch movie.

5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Colthrun 'the grim reaper' is a Stephen King book, film and now TV series, what type of bug is it?

My brain is working hard today which probably explains why this last one is slipping away

Edit: I got it with a guess but I don't think I've heard of that one, with your clue Colthrun I was stuck with "The Duellists" :xx:

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ok then - as per request, a comprehensive hint list! Here we go (in no particular order):

• Wolves: what are they doing? (verb becomes proper noun)
    • Giant fly: should be obvious
    • Big scary fish: James Bond villains may keep this as a pet
    • Blue M&M Guy: what's around his waiste?
    • Green M&M Chick: Ignore the dress...color+fabric=movie by David Lynch
    • Grim Reaper in a Field: Stephen King movie, not "twilight"
    • Monster, bottom left: It's not a fish, but another word for 'monster'; the body of water it resides in is significant (old movie)
    • Leprechaun: obvious
    • Saw in the tree: obvious
    • Glowing eyes in the back: what do the hills have?
    • Saturn & Jupiter: think "Battle of the Planets"
    • TGIF 10/13: what day is it?
    • Staircase: how many steps? (Hitchcock)
    • Dude with a telescope: the telescope is meaningless; look at where he is in the house
    • Butterflies: is there an 'effect?'
    • Dark cave: if it's completely dark, one might say it's _____ _____
    • Bug in a jar w/ liquid: what kind of bug is it, and what do you drink at breakfast? (quick IQ test: if you say out lound "Cockroach Coffee?" punch yourself
    • Figure in bell tower: he's not from this country, he's an illegal ________
    • Number on the tower: obvious
    • Bird, far upper right: Not a raven
    • Man in a bed with devils around him: check for a street sign nearby
    • Corn cobs: do you suppose they're decent parents?
    • Dark houses: Chief, Biker, Construction Worker, Cop and Sailer are their people
    • House-shaped candle: what's a candle made of?
    • Man in black w/ lamp: the lamp is bright, ignore the man
    • People with the O's: they're all men
    • Kids dancing in a circle: ask Chucky
    • 3 kids w/ map: what are you if you need a map? None are girls
    • Two men on staircase: they can't seem to let go of their differences
    • Woman near butterflies: think Edvard Munch (or, what is she doing?)
    • Pencil Man: head's up (David Lynch flick)
    • Signs near the house: obvious (I just said it)
    • Woman with kids: to the kids, who is she? (think British accent)
    • Candycane man: sans-cane
    • Two highest mountains: identical mountaintops
    • Floating glasses & gloves: can you see him?
    • Woman with H20 barrel: the water is not light
    • Tattered Texas flag: what horrible thing happened there involving a powerful tool? (style points for saying "the election of George W. Bush," but alas, no)
    • Jackolanterns: what holiday are they for?
    • Man in straight jacket: not "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," but the right idea
    • Red M&M Guy w/ pennies: ignore the juggling, just add and say aloud
    • Sheep w/ earmuffs: what's another word for sheep, and what do the earmuff's create?
    • Big-ass knife: another word for knife?
    • Bats flying upward: I know they look like bats, but they aren't (ask Tippi Hedren)
    • Man with a pumpkin for a head: I kind of just said it
    • Dude with a basket on his head: what's the basket made of?
    • Jawbone near the stairs: if there were two of them, they'd be...
    • Monkeys in the field: time to count
    • Orange sphere w/ arrows sticking out: think of the most obvious spherical orange object; the arrows are hands
    • Huge baby w/ weeds on it: think herbs w/ a woman's name

[ September 26, 2006, 18:57: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

49. Still can't get that Death one. It's not Carrie or Christine or Cujo or Misery.

8. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You kiddin' HB? I wouldn't blame you for thinking "Graveyard Shift," but you actually thought of Carrie, Christine, Cujo, and Misery before a Stephen King book/film with the word "Dead" in the title? Aren't fenced-off areas also known as "Zones" in New Zealand?

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Wow, that was certainly addicting. Thank you for posting this game. It was a lot of fun.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Oh.....

All done now.

11. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

People should put a warn on this topic. One can get highly obsessed with such thing.
    Anyway, finally I got it all. It was quite difficult, as I didn’t know many of the movies and some that I knew I didn’t know their original titles.

I got stuck for a long time with the mom and the two kids, someone said that it was the same kind of hint used with the coins so I kept thinking that it had to be Carie 2. :)

12. Harbourboy

Classic. Your thought, that is, not The Rage: Carrie 2, which was laughably bad.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.