1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Folk Tale (W.I.P.)

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Nakia, May 29, 2014.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hokay, Nakia is here to tout a game. It is a city (village actually) strategy, adventure game. It is being made by Games Foundry a indie developer. At the moment there isn't much to play but the developers are extremely responsive to the community. Post frequent and updates of progress. It has a Location editor, so players will be able to create maps for themselves and for others to play. I am already addicted to the game.

The game started as a campaign game but in response to community requests that was changed to sandbox. Unfortunately this meant a restructuring of the game so it is taking longer to develop than originally anticipated. There will be campaign elements with a story and quests. The developers have a good sense of humour. The voice acting is excellent. There is combat and exploring to be done or should I say there will be. You will also be able to play as a kind, caring ruler or as a mean nasty one who basically enslaves his/her people.

No, it isn't a RPG but it is fun even doing some testing as work progresses. This game is going to be great with few bugs in the release. We who have opted into support this game scrutinize it with eagle eyes. I doubt a microbug could get by. The biggest complaint about the game is that it isn't finished. However I believe it to well worth the wait. I have never seen developers so response to the community or so transparent. It is a small team and they are working hard. The project lead is on the forum daily, several times a day. Response quickly to queries. I have to give myself a little pat on the back as he choose me as the first forum moderator to run some interference for him. Give him a little breathing space and time to do more productive things than to answer the question "When will this game be finished?"

Question for the staff: What links am I allowed to post? May I put up any screenshots or at least link to them?

Nakia still a little halfling rogue. (This game isn't Baluurs Gate but it has stolen my heart)

The game is available on Steam as an Early Access buy.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't believe there are any restrictions on links or screenshots you'd like to post about the game.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  4. Nakia

Media:
    [​IMG]

Heroes and farmers, monsters and bread. Be a kind and caring overlrd or a mean, nasty one it is up to you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.