1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Firky the Dragon

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Kyrie, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Kyrie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I told Firkraag that I would come back and kill him after I save Garren's kid. Then I killed the bastard (after about a bazillion tries). I freed the kid on the way out, and then I went to Garren's cabin.

Problem; Garren is not there. Also, my journal does not realize that I killed Firkraag (although Garren's kid congradulates me on killing him).

Is there a way I can fix it in ShadowKeeper so that it knows I killed him? I saved the game after killing Firk, so I can't just go back. I'm itching to try the paladin stronghold, so please reply soon!

2. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Oops, IIRC killing Firky is s'posed to be the climactic battle of the paly stronghold quests. I'm afraid to say the easiest thing would be to find a savegame before you killed him. Yes, you might have the avenger now, but if you kill Firky later you not only get extra quest XP, but also the satisfaction of playing through the paly stronghold plot. If you deleted your other savegames, or feel like you've gone too far post-Firkraag to run through everything again, *maybe* you could "resurrect" Firkraag with SK, as though you had never killed him, so you can kill him again as part of the paly plot, but I'm not sure how you'd do that...

3. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I wouldn't bother reverting to a save game. All you get from killing Firkraag for the paladin stronghold is 35,000 XP. A decent amount but not worth going to all that trouble.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Yes, but if he doesn't get credit for rescuing the child he has two bad things happen.

First, he loses out on a significant amount of quest based experience points.

Secondly, and more importantly, if he doesn't complete the quest after a couple of weeks of game time Paladins from the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart will attack him, as he hasn't properly avenged the paladins he killed when he first entered the Windspear Hills.

5. david w Gems: 19/31

I seem to think you get some very tough Paladins attacking you if you don't resolve the quest in a certain time (always nice for XP) but isn't the Order still open to you? It's been a few months since I last played through that part so I can't remember offhand.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Yes, you can still get into their building without getting attacked, but having some tough knights attack you isn't good. Also, if you're playing a good party, it certainly isn't a roleplaying choice you'd make.

7. david w Gems: 19/31

There are either 5 or 6 Paladins and they're worth around 7000 XP each so there's a good amount of XP to be had from the fight. Then again, if you're roleplaying a good character properly you shouldn't be killing them just for the XP.

But for an evil party, it's an XP goldmine.

8. Aphril Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I need to resurrect him, too... how can I do that with SK?

9. david w Gems: 19/31

Resurrect who?

You can't resurrect anyone with Shadowkeeper. You need to use the CLUA console for that.

10. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

What stronghold quest are you talking about? Ranger's? I usually kill him-thanks to my beloved "protection from fire" spells-because I need the Holy Avenger for Keldorn. But if I can get an extra quest I am all eyes-I thought I did them all!.

11. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Killing Firkraag is the last thing the Order of the Radiant Heart ask you to do for the paladin stronghold.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.