1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Finally, a politician with a pair of bollocks...

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Barmy Army, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sarevok is spot on here to be honest. The majority of Muslims don't seem interested in integrating. You have areas that are completely Muslim, including schools, shops and housing. Complete square blocks where you will not see anyone white. I'm not saying they are all like it, but a lot of them like to create their own little neighbourhoods and keep to themselves.

2. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

But then again you see British people doing that abroad and no-one raised an eyebrow.

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Spot on.

Speaking of having "signs in arabic" and all that, has anyone been to Barcelona recently? I got lost in the eastern part of the city last time I was there. I could have sworn I'd been magically transported to England.

It's a typically British thing really. We're allowed to go everywhere else in the world and convert it into a small annex of Britain, and no one has a right to complain. And everyone coming into Britain must do exactly what we tell them to. Arrogance maybe?

Why does everyone keep jumping on the Muslim bandwagon? No one who isn't white integrates anywhere in Europe (or at least in the UK, France, Belgium and Spain). I live in university accomodation where about half the residents are Chinese. We could be having a get-togethe with a dozen people, half of which don't speak Chinese, and the other half will happily ignore everyone else and speak exclusively in Chinese. If you try to engage in conversation with them they will ignore you. They go to Chinese shops, from which they buy their own chinese goods (and I'm not talking about food here - they buy things that you can get in just about any shop), speak exclusively Mandarin (and if you don't speak their language they'll just ignore you), and yet no one ever seems to complain about them not being integrated. Yet everyone will keep on attacking muslims and demanding they abolish their cultural identity because they're not "integrated", Straw will say some hot words about the topic that will encourage a bunch of hooligans to walk into a mosque and beat a man in there, which will promptly be followed by some idiot from Scotland Yard claiming that "portraying the Asian community as victims is unacceptable"...

Oh yes, and then you get British Airways deciding to fire one of their employees because she was wearing a cross (you know, because otherwise it would be "discrimination"... but if you discriminate against everyone then you're fine!). Granted the woman's nuts (for reasons that have nothing to do with her religious belief), but why do people care? The best way to make sure no one ever gets along with anyone else is to strip them all of their cultural identity. Just leave them to wear whatever they want and be done with it. Jack Straw would be far better doing something about racial crime (800+ in Edinburgh alone in 2006, and that was back in August. I'll be surprised if it doesn't get to >1000 by the end of the year) than pouring more fuel into that fire.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Are you trying to claim that Muslims / Asians are not the majority in this group we're talking about?

People talk about Muslims and 'jump on the bandwagon' because they're the group that get shoved in peoples faces every day through the media and other sources. That's where the tension comes from in this country. When was the last time you heard of a Chinese university student hijacking a plane or planting a bomb on tube? It's pretty obvious to see where it all stems from.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.