1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Finale Problems *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by NonSequitur, Mar 9, 2006.

1. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Okay, so I've laid the smack down on all of Poquelin's minions, destroyed his precious statues, and slapped him around the first time I reach him (when he keeps going on about Crenshinibon). He retreats to save himself, and I'm drawn back to the start to stop anyone from re-opening Jerrod's Stone and kill off Belhifet.

Here's where the problem happens.

My buffed-to-the-gills party that has so recently beaten the Ilmateri-impersonating demon in their first fight arrives just fine. The problem is that the game goes into "cutscene mode", for want of a better term, and removes any player controls over anything happening. Then... nothing. The game sits there, no events occur, nothing triggers, no dialogue, no combat, nothing. In short, it freezes (and all the buffs wear off slowly), and there's nothing I can do about it.

Has anyone else experienced/reported this? Do I need a patch to fix it, and is it available on SP?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Which version of the game do you have? The pre-patched combo pack, or standalone game (HoW or not)?

3. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

The stand-alone game, without HoW.

I'm guessing from your response, Tal, that there's an IWD patch I need to lay my hands on to fix this.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Indeed, though I'm not sure if it fixes that bug after the fact... In any event, grab the IWD patch from SP.

5. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

Cheers, thanks Tal.

If it doesn't work after the fact, I suppose I can just lay a righteous furious smackdown on Poquelin again.

6. Taluntain

Media:
    The first thing you should always do, before starting to play any game (or expansion), is to download and install the official patch(es) for it. Should be a reflex move for any gamer with access to an Internet connection.

7. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

Heh... it would have been, except that my only internet connection was at university, and I didn't get a USB drive until last year.

Thanks again for the help. Will have to work on my patch-reflex.

8. Deepblue Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've just encountered the same challenge, I have the combo pack of the with HoW...I installed the patch, but I'm not sure if I did it before begining play...I just reinstalled the patch and tried again...same problem.

Love some suggestions, and what a terrific site, I love it!

9. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

If nothing else helps you can try to teleport your party to frozen Easthaven using the cheatconsole.

10. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Oh. I have HoW+ToTLM and AB. I did not get the patch since I was told that expansions already cover it. I will not face that ugly bug, right? :mommy:

11. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

You didn't experience this bug when you played before so it's rather unlikely that it will happen to you just because you installed a few expansions.

12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

But in my latest run I only had IWD and patch. Then I unisntalled everything, re-installed IWD+HoW+ToTLM and AB. I did not install patch this time as I thought it was not required. I am right, yes?

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    TotL is in itself the latest patch of the game. The last HoW patch is 1.41, and TotL is 1.42. So in effect you do have the most up-to-date version of the game. No need to (in fact you shouldn't) install any of the patches (whether IWD or HoW patches) at any point.

14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Ahh thanks, I feel safe now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.