1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Final Fantasy XI

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Series' started by Gehn, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, i bought it. Been waiting to get it for ages and now I have it! Except...well...I uh, am finding it extremely hard to play. Furthermore there is barely anyone who speaks english playing it, so it's very hard to find help on how to get started. The manual is the most USELESS piece of CRAP I have ever read.

So basicly I was wondering if anyone here on sp has it, and if they would mind telling me a few things. Also it would be handy to know if it's that compatible with laptops, as I am playing it off one, and like when I was playing Star Wars Galaxies, it seems to freeze up alot when playing for no apparent reason.

[ September 20, 2004, 22:39: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I had a problem with freezing in games. Turned out my CPU was too hot to run it any further, but not enough to auto-shutdown, so he just froze everything and waited until it cooled down.
    Dont know if these things happen with labtops, though.

As for Final Fantasy XI, is it for PCs?

3. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yes it is for PCs.

I would play it myself, but the fee is just too much.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There is also a FFXI for PS2 but that requires the use of an $80-90 PS2 modem, so forget that.

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The last one I played was VII, and I didn't really enjoy it. One and Three were good, on the NES and SNES respectively, but VII just didn't thrill me. Plus I was pretty naive when I played Three, so all the nature-worshiping/kami didn't really get to me; I recognized it for what it was, but it was still a novelity at the time.

There was one with the kids in it; I downloaded a movie from it and there was a rat-kid with a tail or something. And a big dirigible floating over a forest with some kind of demonic clown face on it.

That pretty much wraps everything up, for me. What's XI about? Have you checked http://www.gamefaqs.com for a walkthrough?

6. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

XI is a MMORPG, ejsmith. There isn't a walkthrough because it's a persistant world.

7. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@ Gothmog

Is there any way to solve that problem, the overheating thing? Because it just could be what the problem is.

But seriously, I need help BAD. My graphics are all pixelated and rubbish, because I can't work out how to change resolution (and like I said, the manual is of no use at all), and I can't find any sort of menu to tune graphic settings at all. My graphics card is more than capable of fullfilling decent graphics, and my whole system spec goes above the reccommended spec for the game. I really need help, It's becoming very demoralising having a game that is soooo good, but also having no idea how to get enjoyment out of it.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

game woulda been much better if they released a SINGLE-PLAYER mode. bastards at square :mad:

9. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Well, in my PC-case i just moved the box out into the open to let it get as much air as possible. If that wouldnt work i'd remove one of the platings of the box.
    In a labtop case, i'm not sure, because i simply dont know how would one let more air around it, considering how tight-packed they're built.
    Surest way is to go and play the game in the freezer :thumb:

For the graphics: Try drivers. Even if they're the optimal ones for your graphic card, try changing them. If this doesnt work, google the bad graphics problem on the net, if you're the only one. If you're not, there's definitely something that corrects the problem.

Gee, i squashed 6 mosquitos while writing this! :toofar:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.