1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Final Fantasy X

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Series' started by Ofelix, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Anyway I'm not a powergammer so I decided I didn't need the legendary weapons. Right now I'm doing ¨Sin¨. After you beat Seymour with those funny circle around him. Ahh... Nothin' can beat ye old Anima eh? But thanks anyway for the tips. I never liked Blitzball and 200 bolts in a row? Who will be insane enough to do it? Also nobody has talked about Final Fantasy X-2 yet.

FF VII Being a remake of the original? With Ps2 graphic and voice? Marvelous! If it's true I'm eager to play it! Along with the 12th FF 'o course!

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

well Square-enix has put out very clearly that they are not going to remake any games that can still be played on the ps2, so the remakes of FFVII, VIII and IX will probably first be out for the ps3.

And Ofelix FF x-2 sucks. Yuna and her friends, all around 19, acts like they are 13 or something. there is almost no main story and what there is turns in to some weird pre-teen game. I most admit I never made it trough the game, I gave up on it during the start of Chapter 3. It was simply to lousy.

But damn do I look forward to the new Starocean game. Starocean the second story, was one of the best ps games. with so many choices and so many endings.

3. khazadman Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I havn't heard of a FF VII sequel. I have heard about a Made for dvd movie call FF VII: Advent Children. I've seen some clips and it looks VERY good.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

In response to this, I have to say "Are you sure you want to quit? Boo will miss you" hehe ;) but seriously, yes getting the weapons and their sigils (except yuna's which you can do within 10mins and auron's which you can do while you're xp building) is too damn tedious.

@khazadman
    same here. heard about an animated feature length movie but not a sequel. look forward ot one though.

damn ps3... when do they say they'll release it? i just got my damn ps2 a year ago... FFXII will still be for ps2 though right? also, who ELSE thinks that it was downright crappy of square to release FFXI with no single player mode...

on a different note, who here has played square-enix's other relatively recent game "Drakengaard"?

5. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Don't worry Enagonios FF XII will be for the ps2, the ps3 is scheduled to 2006 I think, so maybe we will even see a FF XIII for the ps2 or another FF Tactics. Both would be welcome in my opinion.
    and I Agree with you FF XI should have had a singleplayer campaign or should have bin called FF Online or something like that.

Haven't played Drakengaard, is it good? there are just to many ps2 games I want, which I can't afford, so Drakengaard is not on the top of my list. Although I seem to remember there was a snes game called Drakengard, which was an interesting game.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

thank god, i wouldnt want the ps2 obsolete so soon after i finally got it... did you get FFXI yourself? Yeah, a sequel to tactics would be awesome too imo

its interesting because of the 3 gameplay modes. there are missions that require your char to melee it out with other ground troops, missions where your dragon has to destroy air troops, and my favorite: the missions where you can opt to use use your dragon.. against ground troops hehe.

on the downside, the game controls are repetetive and simple. Also, I'm around halfway through it and while the story imo is really interesting, it's not very cohesive. but if you're just going to borrow it from a friend, get it at a discount bin or rent it, i'd recommend it.

7. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

No I didn't get FF XI, every MMO I have played have been pure hack'n'slahs, without traces of rp, which I think is sad. So I wouldn't ruin my idea of what FF stood fore by playing that game. and yeah I would welcome a FF tactics fore the ps 2, the GBA game is great.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

they have it for GBA? i played it on ps1. yeah, it would be awesome if they could put in new classes and stuff too. would you guys happen to have a link that woul allow me to stream a preview of FFVII the movie?

9. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Yeah there is a whole new FF tactics fore GBA. it has A great story, a little cliche but still great. It starts out in a small town where four outsiders, get hold on a magic book and is sucked in to there favorite computer game, Final fantasy of course, and there you have to find your way home.

Sadly the FF tactics fore ps1 was never released in Denmark :(

10. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

For the blitzball games, I noticed that if you hold the ball at just the right place in the defensive zone, the attacking player just swims in circles and leaves you alone. So you just need to score one goal, then hold the ball and wait :p

11. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Good grief, man, that was some hardcore threadomancy you pulled there ;) . Does anyone still play FFX anyway?

12. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's one of my favorites in the FF series. I always play it once every year or so, me and friends.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.