1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Final Fantasy games

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Series' started by Frostbite, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Ummm ... level up a bit more is all I can say. Cant really remember much about that particular battle which probably means it posed no real problems to me, but then I did loads of side quests and levelling and as a result had loads of hp, skills and spiffy gear.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited July 18, 2002).]

2. void Guest

I've gotta say, FF7 is great :D . I've got FF8 and 9 on my PS1 and 7 and 8 on my PC. I haven't played any of them for yonks though... I'd get FFX, but a PS2 cost WAAAYYYYYY too much...

3. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

FF7 was THE rpg, followed by the somewhat unnoticed square rpg Xenogears (I got it import), then FFX, then FF9, and im not gonna bother placing FF8.

4. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

FFX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FFX is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Then FF8, pure class
    Then FF7, I love you
    Then FF9, come to daddy
    Then FF3/6 who's my baby?
    Then FF5 mmmmmm :D

Havn't played the others though

5. something Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] FFX RULES!!!!!!!! i payed 100 bucks for it and it was worth every cent! the game makes you cry and laugh along with the characters, the graphics are sweet as hell and there is always some quirky twist to the storyline that makes u go "ohhh thats what he/she/it meant!"

i played all the FF games and i think theyre all great but FFX is the best of them all. i hear that FFXI is gonna be even better! i cant wait im so excited! :D

sorry for all the bad grammar. its not my fault blame my teacher!

6. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I own FF 7, 8, 9, and 10. I enjoyed 8 and 10 the most (approximately equally... perhaps 10 a little more).

As for 7 and 9... I just don't associate as well with characters when their avatars are all cute. I mean, Sephiroth is one bad guy, but I just can't get scared by someone who is 4 feet tall and wears puffy pants. I'll admit that I haven't played 9 all the way through, but I didn't enjoy what I did play of it. Again... "cute" characters just don't do it for me, and tails don't help. The plot seemed more than a little cliched, too.

I found some of the mini-games enjoyable, but most of them I found annoying (I LOVED the card game in FF8, though... don't ask me why). As far as roleplaying goes... I think I need someone to explain to me why I need to do the things I do to get my ultimate weapons. No, I don't need to go to the depths of a monster-infested dungeon. Nope, no dragons, either. But I DO have to race this big yellow bird around in a field full of red balloons. That, I did not expect.

7. TheNovak Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yeeech...people think FF8's the best? Well, to each his own...

I own/have played FF1, FF2/4, FF3/6, FF4, FF7, FF8, and FF9. No PS2 for 10.

Little reviews...

FF1: It was great at the time, and it's still fun, but as a game itself, it's not too great. Fortunately, thanks to 8-Bit Theater, FF1 suddenly has a ton of personality.

FF4: Never actually finished it, as my saved game screwed up as soon as Cecil ascended to paladinhood. Damned SNES. Cool game, though.

FF6: THE BEST. I still love this game, and use its characters in fanfiction. I can't even begin to describe how much I love Final Fantasy 6. Yeesh. The gameplay, admittedly, was standard FF fare, only slightly improved over FF4, but the plot and the characters... I dunno. I love this game :D

FF7: Palmer~! Hey-hey! Sure, he only had three scenes and nobody really remembers him, but by god, he ruled. With tea and sugar and lots of lard. Palmer aside, this was an awesome, if linear game. Sephiroth f*cking ruled, as did Rufus. In fact, I'd say the baddies were at least as cool as the good guys. Cid and Vincent, of course, balanced things out :D

FF8: Bleeeegh...I hated this game. I hated the art style, the whole GF system, the plot, everything. The SeeD idea was cool, but...meh. I know some of you actually enjoyed this steaming pile of crap, so I'll lay off :p

FF9: I dunno. I really loved the game, especially the cartoony cutscenes. The art style was simply awesome. The plot was very decent, although not up to FF6 or 7. I think it was Squaresoft's way of apologizing for FF8 :p Sucks that they changed Steiner's name from Edward, though. The last time Square used my name, it was for a spoony bard :D

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I love FF7. I have read so much FF7 fan fic that it could fill a decent-sized bookcase. I love just about every guy in the game... everyone except for CId and Rude, for some reason.... The storyline is incredible, the materia system rocks, and I am POSITIVE that Cloud and Sephiroth were involved before the game (Wink wink nudge nudge).... Heck, pair any of the guys together and I am bound to have a plausible explanation.....

Anyways, I also have the older ones as emulations, but I have yet to play them due to Jenova being fixed and foe playing FF7....

Ara
    (Queen to the Knights of the Spamming table)

9. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] What about FFX? IMO it's a great freakin' game!

10. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31

Ozma:Get your party to level 60's and have Zidane, vivi, Dagger(Or eiko whoever you prefer.) and quina.
    Give them shadow absorbing equipment.
    In combat use the abilitie magic hammer with quina 3-4 times and ozma will not have any mana and therefor will not be able to cast rendering her useless and defencless. Have Zidane with long reach and use him to attack while dagger uses the Eidolons she has. Shteiner must cotinouesly use shock and vivi magic. If your lucky Ozma will die in half an hour!

[ September 06, 2002, 12:48: Message edited by: Padeen Dragonblade ]

11. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The part that stood out the most to me in FF8 was Zell's limit break. It actually made the combat FUN rather than just waiting for your turn to attack and stuff...

@Herf
    Not true. GF Cactuer at level 100 inflicts 10,000 damage. Not much more than 9999, but still greater than it nevertheless.

12. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I forgot almost all of it but i had a great tacticts:
    I had zell attack and then one had ability to do the thing one had done before her :D and she instantly attacked with same power as zell :eek: :eek:

13. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31

This is going to soumd like I'm an over proud bastard but....
    I am a master in the FF's. No boss in the game(Exept ultimisia and necron) managed to stay alive for more than fifteen minutes. I mean I had some nasty teqchniques that could woop anyones ass in no time. The only boss I had problems with was griever(Not the mix-griever). Anyway here are some tips on hard bosses in the FF's
    FF9:
    Soulcage:(Found in the lifa tree) Make Zidane steal while the others heal and protect. Once you've got all the stealable items use a phoezix down on him and presto his dead.

Ask me if you have any bosses that appear to be mighty and unkillable!

FF8:

Ultimesia:(For this to work you must have Squalls lion heart sword.) Start by casting protections on squall. Cast regen on him and then reflect! Once Squall is low on life or has the aura spell on him(Attak him for quicker results or use the aura spell) use the lion heart limit. This deals 46000 damage and will kill ultemesia! Do the same for the rest and with some luck you will win the game with no probs!

Adel:(For this to work you must have drained many Aura spells from (Squall enemy seed friend guy) ) Cast regen and reflect on (Whats her name Rinoa) Rinoa and make sure that she stays at full life!Cast Aura on Quistis and make her use the laser teqhnuiq( Can't remember the exact name or whwere you get it). It will do 9999 damage all the time!!! Just do this and use the others limits. Also if you have the spell that lowers peoples defence(Meltdown or something) use it until every one does 9999. Keep your spare charachet(Zell or whomever you like most) use healing. Adel has something like 80,000-100,000 Hp so get r4eady for a long battle. I managed this battle in thirty minutes.

Tell me of any asswooping bosses that you cant deafeat.(Maybe I should make a site on this???)

FF7: Well there arent many strong bosses in this and I haven't compleated it yet(I have done 5,6,8,9). I'm at the final genova so if there are any bosses you want to know about that you think are hard Either pm/tell me about them and you'll have a reply in no time!

Some tricks and tips:
    FF7: Take the sub that you eventually get and go to the airplane were all the freaks are. Each one can be morphed into a source!
    If you pair phoinix with some materia it can bring you back up to five times if your K.O'd!

FF9:Buy the griffin heart the dogas artifact and the rats tail. If you leave town and go to the actune house you will be able to buy the mahgical fingertip. With this you can get Steiners ultimate weapon at Daguero called the excalibur!
    Buy the same artifacts and go to the Black mages villages and talk to th mage at the record player to hear the FF9 music!

Any questions??? Pm me and they will all be answered!!!

14. Ray192 Gems: 5/31

Final Fantasy Tactics. Don't like the regular FFs.

15. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Why not? Just because there is some STORY in there?

16. Ray192 Gems: 5/31

"Why not? Just because there is some STORY in there? "

ahh, I don't like they're stories, they're too predictable(I mean teh major twists), they're always some big bad monster /evil guy trying to destory/control the world and you have to save it, another problem is the random battles, they have frustrated me out of my minds, and I hate they're combat, I'd much prefer wizardry 8's, and the linearity sucks too, since it doesn't give me much in the terms of replayability, and I have to have games that will keep me playing for 6 months due to money problems.

17. TheNovak Gems: 5/31

Besides, FFT just rocked balls :D

18. Milliardo Peacecraft Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Funny how many people like FFVII. I have both VII and VIII on my PC, but I never enjoyed VII. It didn't grab me the way VIII did.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.