1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fighter 4, Cleric 9...should I follow Torm?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Rubel, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Rubel Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I am tempted by this Tormishness; my Dwarf thinks it would be fine to have these exciting powers, but that's of course another level less of spellcasting prowess. Don't have the Dex to be a Dwarven Defender. What do you folks think? is a level or two of CoT worth it, or should I remain devoted to my dwarven gods?

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I wouldn't do it. If you take 1 level, you'll get a weak lay on hands. If you take 2, you get a plus 1 bonus to all saving throws. Nice? Sure. But not worth wasting 2 levels on. Keep on cleric-ing. You'll find your power at later levels more than makes up for any minor bonuses you'd get. I would maybe add an extra fighter level here and there for good measure, but that's it. Clerics in NWN kick major ass, moreso than any previous Bioware game.

3. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Keep fighter at 4, there is no advantage to fighter 5 over a fighter 4. Keep pumping those cleric levels.

4. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

I would agree with what both DR and Fade have said...with one exception...if you want to lean toward a melee based character over a spell caster, you will do better with the COT. You will gain more HP per level, you will use the higer BAB table, you will gain Reflex as a primary save (a weakness for a fighter/cleric) and you will gain a bonus feat every two levels.

HotU also offers a couple of nice items that are class restricted to the COT.

I guess the real idea though is to just have fun.

5. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Agreed, if you want a melee-heavy character, go with the CoT. If you get to epic levels add another fighter level or two to get the epic specialization.

If you want a more spell casting type character, continue with the cleric levels.

6. Rubel Gems: 3/31

Thanks for the advice, folks. I guess I will keep up the spells, although Epic Weapon Specialization looks mighty tempting. I'll figure that out in a few more levels, Moradin willing. I wonder if there's a Dwarven equivalent of Torm in the F.R. mythos?

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Well, isn't Moradin himself one? He is Lawful Good IIRC.

8. Rubel Gems: 3/31

Sure, but Moradin is the mighty Dwarven All-Father or something, isn't he? While Torm is Tyr's loyal servant, sort of lesser or demigod, right?

Well, maybe Moradin takes Champions too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.