1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Few questions

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, May 29, 2014.

1. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Wait you have played BG2 and it is not your favorite game? DOUBLE BLASHEMY!! ;)

Unless of course you prefer more text in which case Plansescape Torment might take that top spot...

2. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    But I've already said BG2 IS my favorite. Or does it matter between BG2 & BG2EE? If it does then it's got to be BG2EE due to the added kits :)

3. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31

Veteran

I don't normally count remakes as being different unless it is significant. However if I was to do that here BG2 does have a nice advantage what with its greater number mods that work which includes a lot more kits than the BG2EE gets (and most are better since the BG2EE kits are mostly kind of meh to me though I do like that it allows for monk and sorc kits).

4. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    :D

These forums keep telling me my post must be at least 3 letters long yet I put all of the above in?

---------- Added 8 hours, 23 minutes and 23 seconds later... ----------

Who puts their dead at the beginning of the ramp into the de'Arnise Hold? Who's bright idea was that? Lol.

---------- Added 1 hours, 57 minutes and 32 seconds later... ----------

Imoen says "There was fighting... My cell was damaged. I don't know if I could get out again. The pain in my head is getting worse."
    There is no cell to be found anywhere beyond the room you, minsc & Jaheira start in. Lol. I think Imoen had a part in watching me for Irenicus :p

5. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31

Veteran

The bodies at the start of the Arnise keep were put there by the trolls as a warning to outsiders to not mess with them. Putting up staked soldiers actually occurred in history to cause fear in enemy forces.

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

There are extra cells in the initial room from the openeing cut scene. One of those could of easily been hers.

7. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I've always thought that the game doesn't show you Imoen's cell simply because it's irrelevant. It's like asking where the kitchens/restrooms are in Irenicus' Dungeon, since obviously there are humanoid creatures running about.
    You can't visit them since they're not important.

8. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    She came from the door on the left. :)

---------- Added 0 hours, 4 minutes and 27 seconds later... ----------

The graves aren't there until after you clean the keep. There are bodies on stakes though :)
    At least they KINDA look like bodies. Either that or they are armor hanging from the stakes.

---------- Added 0 hours, 3 minutes and 3 seconds later... ----------

You go by toilets if you go down the pathways to the room with the otyugh. Kinda odd place for them too. And there is NO DOOR so anyone can come by and see you.

9. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That doesn't mean she didn't originally come from one of the cells when she first escaped(or was let out... who knows...). It only shows she came from the door on the left at that moment.

10. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    If she was in a cell then why would she be in that room instead of letting me out? :p

11. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Yes the trolls put those bodies outside of the keep to scare the remaining troops in the palisade. Then after saving the keep they put the bodies into the mass graves found outside.

12. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Why would they put them right outside? I would think it would scare off anyone wanting to go in and visit. I guess it will keep the tax man/woman out. :p

---------- Added 0 hours, 3 minutes and 37 seconds later... ----------

I guess she went in there to get some lock picks to let you out. But why didn't she grab the key to Jaheira's cell :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.