1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Few questions

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, May 29, 2014.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    A grue is, first, most likely before your time. It was a monster found in the dark that had as its primary diet adventurers who did not have torches or other light sources. It first found its way into popular (nerd popular, that is) games in the Zork franchise, although I seem to recall playing a fairly primitive game on the Commodore Pet back in the early '80's or perhaps even late '70's that preceded my playing Zork. That game actually featured grues as the main adversary.

In any event, T2 is older than I am, so I am sure he is drawing on the same reference.

3. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

There are Grues in D&D as well from 1e AD&D and 4e at the very least.

4. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It was (supposedly) safe for several reasons:
    -just entering the room required the use of the Keep Key, we assume the door is magically sealed since the game doesn't allow you to force it open
    -worst case scenario, the inhabitants of the room could simply fall back to the basement - Lord De'Arnise's panic room
    -the entrance to the basement was hidden and guarded by golems, presumably Lord De'Arnise could have activated these given the opportunity

Lord De'Arnise most likely. It looked like he was busy doing someting in the basement before the Torgal and co. caught him.

Btw, remember the Umber Hulks in the basement? Umber Hulks are powerful burrowers capable of digging through solid rock. That's how Torgal and co. ended up in the basement.

Probably because he was under Mekrath's spell at the time.

5. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    What if you kill Mekrath before you kill the Yaun-ti? :p

---------- Added 0 hours, 2 minutes and 34 seconds later... ----------

Ah yes! I did forget about that. Very key point. :D

6. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Well he does have the invisibility spell memorized...

7. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I don't know... In my games the enemy spell casters seem to always have true seeing that they cast as soon as you would normally be in sight. Thus revealing you :confused:

8. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Well when he came out he was visible so clearly they dispelled the illusion but by the time they did he was already around the corner and out of sight so they did not follow him.

9. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Why was he kept where he is/was anyway? He couldn't be farther away from the wizard. Lol. I would think he'd be somewhere around where you come in.

10. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31

Veteran

He was back in the storage room. What do you do when you are putting away an unused appliance. You put it back in the storage closet where it belongs of course.

11. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    LOL!

12. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Does anyone know what the skull is from that's in the lower left corner of the Druid Grove? It's huge. I tried to do a screen shot a couple times but no luck. Sorry.
    It's the one with all the trolls inside. And in front of as well.

What about the designs in the ground around Trademeet?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  13. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

I always assumed it was a dragon skull, what else could be that big? Trademeet is dedicated to Wakeen, even though he is dead or missing.

---------- Added 0 hours, 5 minutes and 2 seconds later... ----------

Does anyone know why Imeon starts off with a weird belt that can't be removed?

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The belt keeps her alive no matter how much damage she takes so that she can get to the cutscene at the end of Act I.

15. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Is there a mod that tells you what spells you already know when in the stores? Like greying out spells or something? Still purchasable though :)

16. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

No mod I know of, I think you just have to know what you have memorized

17. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I guess I could always erase the spells from my spellbook and add them back again. :)

---------- Added 2 hours, 20 minutes and 3 seconds later... ----------

Ok here is another one for you people. :p
    How did Imoen get by the Otyugh and the Imp? I think there's an Imp in that corridor?

:p

Well I'm looking over the map and the place they are tortured from is on the 2nd floor?

By the way, This is my favorite game. Then comes FF7 and then ToEE.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  18. dmc

Media:
    It's a magic belt powered by PLOT to ensure that she makes it to the cutscene. Use your imagination and pretend she casts invisibility or hides in shadows or something. A better question is if she flees on the level with the otyugh, how does she get out considering that the portals require the key that YOU have.

19. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Well depending on how the portal works it may be like a door lock that stays locked or unlocked until you put the key and turn it again rather than just a key that is needed to operate it at all. In that case you didn't lock the portal again so it stays open and she can get out.

Alternatively Irenicus would want to ensure that Imoen stays alive so he could have a vampire or other creature track her and ensure she escapes.

20. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

You've played FF7 and it's not your favorite game? Blasphemy :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.