1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Female Soldiers More Likely To Be Raped Than Killed

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Clixby, Apr 1, 2008.

1. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Unfortunately , those are some of the definitions we are stuck with at the moment. It's even worse in some of the states, take north carolina for example the law now is that even if you have already started engaging in intercourse if the woman than says no, you have to pull out & stop or it is rape. :nono:
    Thats just wrong, she gets hers & thats it off you go, no home run for you.:jawdrop::bang::outta:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  2. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Wait, wait, wait. So if your partner says 'uh, stop' and you don't stop, that shouldn't be considered rape? Or assault? Or something?

After someone consents to sex, you don't own them until you're finished.

3. martaug Gems: 23/31

how many women do you know that after you get it stuck in(pardon the crudeness) say stop ?
    seriously all the foreplay,all the buildup of momentum, you are almost there & suddenly stop!?!? oh come on.

4. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

There was at least one case in the UK a while back where a girl decided to change her mind 'mid-thrust' and because the guy didn't instantly stop, he was arrested for rape.

Can't remember further details or whether the guy was actually sent down for it.

5. nunsbane

nunsbane

Martaug,
    Intercourse doesn't work out every time for any number of reasons. If she asks you to stop there is absolutely no conceivable reason that you should not stop.

I'll assume for now that you are inexpereinced rather than a world class jerk.

6. martaug Gems: 23/31

haha!, sorry nunsbane 40ish & married(twice) . if you get the chance look up the statute and read it.

heh, been called much worse things by much better people, just look at some of the things taluntain has called me. However, if you look back at the posts in the saudi rape post you see that i personally think rapists should be taken out & whipped within an inch of their life(& thats on a good day. bad days are 2 16d nails,rusty butter-knife & a wooden table with one end soaked in gasoline. you figure it out)
    what i was pointing out was the pc nonsense that has gotten on the lawbooks. just read the news they just had the police called on a 6year old at school for sexual assault because he slapped another classmate on the butt!! he's 6! hge has no sexual urges, just the pc rules trying to look at everything from a paranoid adult viewpoint

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2008
  7. nunsbane

nunsbane

Hmmm, and I was really leaning toward inexperience.

The 6 year old has nothing to do with this, that whole situation is too silly for me to even waste my time with further comment.

I am responding solely to your belief that it is o.k. to continue to force intercourse on a partner who has asked you to stop. As Amaster pointed out, you do not own a consenting partner until you are finished. I would be interested as to your response to Amaster's point.

8. martaug Gems: 23/31

well, if you read my post i never said it was ok to force intercourse on a partner that has asked you to stop, i was merely explaining the statute. maybe if i had put a smiley at the end of the first post you would have understood better, you know, a bit of sarcasm & irony. But please feel free to be insulted to your hearts content

9. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Wow! I know that made my day. :) (note: I did not forget the smiley).

10. nunsbane

nunsbane

Martaug, Your comments couldn't be fixed with a smiley....nor do I believe that you meant it sarcastically. However, your recantation is sufficient.

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Déise: You hit it right on the head. The rules are so tight that the military courts throw out far too many of these cases. Most of the cases are "he said, she said" type of cases anyway. The real harm here is exactly as you pointed out -- real victims of rape (by the most common definition) are simply not taken seriously unless it was a brutal rape. Basically, if there's not physical damage, there's not a crime -- and that's wrong.

murtaug: I for one fully agree with the North Carolina law. If your partner asks you to stop, you MUST stop. I don't care if there has been previous consentual intercourse, or even if the request comes during intercourse where consent has been given you MUST stop. Once consent has been revoked, it is rape. Period.

I am also in my forties and have been married twice. And I have never continued intercourse if my partner has said stop. Doesn't matter the reason, or the timing.

12. martaug Gems: 23/31

T2Bruno, please see my post 3 above this one.
    I agree with the part you posted to deise but it's not always that way. A local highway patrol officer a few years back was accused of & had to go trail because his ex-girlfriend claimed he raped her. Even though her best friend came forward & told the court that she had told her she was doing this to get back at him for dumping her & the HP officer having his answering tape where she says she will make his life a living nightmare for leaving her. he got nifonged until they got to court and the judge saw what the prosecution had for "evidence", he threw the case out & referred the case to the (ummm, what do you call it, the board that looks into improper behavior by lawyers?)
    what the heck was the officers name?....nate something, crap! cant remember right now

13. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not that I'm pro-rape or anything, but how is this enforceable. How could there be any evidence other than the word of the victim. Does the statute say that women are "incapable of lying"? I just don't see how any jury could ever convict and send a man to prison based on this statute.

14. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Again it's very possible to have to deal with female combatants on the other side so it's just best getting used to it. Also if you don't behave indecently you have nothing to fear from any sexual charges. You are not crucified for not doing anything.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I already read that murtaug -- and your explanation does not mesh with your original statement (the sarcasm bit just doesn't fly). You're backpedalling after saying something offensive and I'm not buying the lame excuse. I'm with nunsbane on that.

TGS: You're right. That's a significant problem and one the military has difficulties with as well (look at the conviction rates in the original article).

16. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Not around here! If a man dares to voice any opinion that does not perfectly dovetail with the present PC line -- or even worse, fails to trumpet that PC line loudly enough, he gets nailed to the cross with big honking spikes. Falsified or distorted claims of "sexual abuse" are a perfect tool in the arsenal of unscrupulous women when they want to avenge themselves on innocent men. What pisses me off is that such false accusations make it difficult for the real victims to have their cases taken seriously by the public when they occur.

17. Morgoroth

That is in a way true. In here if a candidate answers "no" to the question "Are you a feminist?" he has just signed his political deathwish. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing though.

And yes I'm sure there are women who abuse the sexual harrasment card but then I'm not convinced there are more of those than actual real cases. There are allways deceptive individuals around willing to use whatever methods to manipulate themselves to a better position or undermine others.

18. martaug Gems: 23/31

well T2Bruno, like i told nunsbane fell free to be offended. doesn't bother me a bit if you can't deal with it.

P.S. i also have to assume that you have never done any RPing in you sex life as "no" is not what most people set up as a safe word. Hell, most women into RPing get off on you ignoring there pleas of no. As long as there are appropriate safe words & conditions set up anything else goes! A little S&M never hurt anybody(& most of them enjoyed the he!! out of it)

19. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I guess that my point here is that no matter what solution men come up with there's some women who are going to complain about it. Personally, I think that if there is a place or situation with a high risk of rape occuring, the best solution is to get the women at risk out of there -- the same reason I drive my step-daughter to school rather than have her take the bus. Feminazis scream that I don't respect women and am trying to keep them out of somewhere they deserve to be. They're entitled to their opinion, I guess, but I know I do respect women.

Let's say we take another step. We give the male soldiers sensitivity training. THAT'LL solve all the problems, right? :rolleyes: Such training, IMHO, is much more likely to aggravate the males and make them resentful toward the females they feel they are "forced" to work with. In any event, one incident and the women are screaming that the military isn't doing enough to protect them, even though they knew they were going into a high risk situation. The fact is that there is no way any authority can guarantee the safety of anyone -- neither the military or the civil police are psychic. Plus, all the men in the military get painted with the same brush when this happens, which leads to more feelings of resentment.

Bottome line, I respect women (though not feminazis) and do not believe ANYONE should have to suffer through rape. I'm willing to kick against the feminazi line to protect women from rape. If that makes me a sexist bigot, I'll gladly wear that label if it protects just one fellow human being from being raped.

20. Morgoroth

Most decent men know how to treat women, there are some scumbags that don't but these are fairly well represented outside the military as well. No need for sensitivity training. I know how to treat women I work with, and the military is no different. A proffessional attitude is required and I'm sure men are quite capable of that. If you are able to work with women in civillian duties there are no reasons why you shouldn't be able to work with them in military duties.

From what I've heard the soldiers be they male or female and the military in the US is held in very high regard by men and women alike, might be different in Canada but since all these statistics come from the US I'd say it's better to talk about them.

Yes...because like children women need to be protected from the evils of the world by men since they are completely incapable of making their own choices it's much better that we make it for them. :rolleyes:

Women are adults, they might even want to protect themselves and at the same time protect their country. I'm sure they are aware of the risks and if they aren't the military should make those risks clear and I'm sure they don't give a rats ass about your offer for "protection".

There is no need to beat about the bush really just go ahead and say that women are not capable of protecting themselves and need men doing it because obviously they lack the better judgement, because that seems to be pretty much what you think.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.