1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Feeling the Mazzy love?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Chelsea, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've never used her before but am planning to go get her right now. I'm trying to use NPCs I haven't used much/ever but am getting worried that I wont have sufficient straight-up muscle. My PC is a f/m with monster stats carried over from BG1 and then I am using Haer'dalis for the first time. Also in the party are Jaheira and Yoshimo who will be switched for Imoen in Spellhold and then maybe for Jan after. Right now Keldorn is in the party but he gets the boot right after I get Mazzy. So my only straight-up tank is Anomen (who I'm also using for the first time).

2. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Will keep Mazzy in mind the next time i start a new game/party.

It's kinda tricky! There are many good and solid NPC and even equally good user made ones.

Immy & Viccy are always with me though!

Wish I could storm Irenicus in Hell with a 16 people party! ;)

3. Boy at a busstop Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I like Mazzy, I really do. But her class usually prevents me from taking her along, she is simply lower on the priority list of "must-bring-along" classes.

I've recently changed her to a fighter/cleric and now she's one of my favourite characters. It's not that much of a stretch either, who says Trueswords can't cast spells? :p

4. Thalyr Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Nor does it say Trueswords have to use swords... fighter/cleric is an interesting choice. She'd be better at that sling than any other NPC and flail/hammer wielding halfling would be humorous to say the least.

5. Kirethorn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I love Mazzy, if you're a halfling (at least) you should be able to romance her. I pitted her against Minsc in so many different circumstances (melee, ranged, melee buffed, ranged buffed) multiple times and she got much higher scores. She's a little tank with an awesome accent and a noble personality. She's a wonderful calming influence on Aerie, and gets along well with everyone.

I like to use shadowkeeper to change her GM to long swords (equally reducing her skill in bows, of course). You get so many good longswords throughout the game, I just give them all to her and let her work wonders. In TOB I re-spec her for two-handed swords, and she's even better! She pretty much took out Draconis single handedly.

My character may be a God (bhallspawn or no), but she rocks Toril to it's core!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.