1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Feedback

Discussion in 'Dragonshard' started by Green Lantern, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Green Lantern Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So I saw this game at comic con and I thought it looked awsome. Did anyone else see it and what did you think?

2. Mad Mac Gems: 1/31

I haven't got to see the game first hand, unfortunately. :(

But I've been following it closely since it was announced, and I agree, it looks very promising.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    What I have seen looks interesting.

4. Graiskye Gems: 1/31

I got this game, and while I had fun with it for a while, its basically warcraft 3 with a DnD theme. You canot pause to issue commands so you never get to really utilize any of the 'feats', and skills that you get. I played it for a few days and got so frustrated at that fact, and the people at the main site forum are all pysco about RTS not having a pause function etc etc ..., I just gave up, throw another stinker on the dud game pile. DnD does not occur in real time, so the concept that you shouldnt be allowed to issue orders while paused is ridiculous, I understand tht is what real time strategy is, but it dont fit the DnD format, not for me anyways. If you like RTS games youll like it, its hard, and has good graphics and such. Some people are whining for a pause patch so who knows that wou;ld change the game for me, and I would like it, but I aint holding my breath. Just one users opine, I have played it, and may even try again in a while, but the sheer stupidity of not having the pause function astounds me , you dont have to use it if your a RTS purist, but not having it just makes the game kinda suck Graiskye

5. Orichifunk Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If you like the idea of DnD (Eberron) you'll like it. If you enjoyed WC3, and don't mind seeing a game in that fashion with DnD theme, you'll enjoy it.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

while i'm with you 100% (because i hate and really suck at RTS games) including a pause function would defeat the purpose of making it an rts in the 1st place imo. they just have to release cheats so you can actually complete the levels. like "ophelia 10 protoss" and stuff for StarCraft :D

7. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, it all depends on the system. I'm not particularly good at using special abilities in RTS games either (just look at how Barbarianesque I manage my units in Starcraft :p ), but pause is not the only option to aleviate this. A very intuitive interface like that of Spellforce can really give you the possibility to fully utilise your skills without resorting to pause.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.