1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fear and courage!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Padeen Dragonblade, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Anyone who's not been in the army or is a trained police officer, who says that if they were being held up by a gun, at point blank range, and would WRESTLE it off them, has obviously never had one pointed at them before.

2. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

No offence Z but that portraid doesnt suit you really like the last did!

Anyway there are people i know who are like 16-19 who have had guns on theyre heads and defended themseves!
    So it is posible!

Padeen Dragonblade!

3. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Fallen, tell me in PM or random babbling.

You say you know teenagers who have been at gun point, so I wil take your word for it.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    We all fear, what I think everyone is talking about here is the numbing fear that makes us unable to act. Fear is a protective mechanism designed to keep us alive, if we had no fear I doubt it if we would still be here on this planet.

On the gun situation thing so can I say that even though I have military training so have I no idea how I wouild react in a sharp situation. I do know that even having an unloaded and nucarried rifle pointed at you is pretty unsettling.

On a lighter note I cannot stand spiders and other creepy creeps, if I have no choice I do well but if I let my emotions run away with me I act like a little girl ;)

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I've been seeing a lot of things like this from friends recently, and I've got to admit that it's starting to scare me. Yes, I've been in the same position and will admit to similar things, but that changed. Everyone has hardships in their lives, but never feel that life is not worth living. There is always bound to be something that can be embraced, and that will have a very profound effect on your lives. With a suicidal decision, you'll never get to experience that joy and true feeling of worth.

For those of you that have been in a true life-threatening position and say that you have no fear of death, fine, but many of those here that are I highly doubt have actually been in that situation.

6. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

Sorry Z, and don't mean to be all tough but if someone held a gun at my face, I would attack, I would stop him or her or die trying. I will not allow my fate in their hands unless it can be helped.

D@mn, guns! We should go back to the time of swords! Bows can't pierce armour... can they? Anyway a time when war was fought with skill, not some people hiding using dishonourable weapons to shoot each other. *sigh* Only if................

7. Fizity Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Cheers Rolsuk, we should blow up the world and start over again with swords. ;)

I haven't had any incredibly paralyzing fear, or anything that stands out in my mind. If I'm bungee-jumping, I'm scared as hell in my mind, but I do things anyway. If someone's about to punch me in the face (this has happened), I duck, grab their arm and twist it, called reaction, and I get shudders after.

My worst fear is probably finding out the Christians are right :D ;) Honestly, that would suck big time for me. I'm also creeped of snakes, blasted things move so fast.

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Hell yeah, back to Japan between 900 - 1800

Then I´ll get my own katana and become hirokiri
    Somebody bulliyng you, call me 090-hirokiri.

Oh, wait they didnt have phones then. Erm, just send me an e-mail.

9. Dragon Master Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I agree totally

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Longbows can pierce plate armour without much trouble. Not to mention crossbows.

[ October 03, 2002, 20:49: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

11. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Fears:
    - Situations I can't control or foresee. (like possible changes in future)
    - People with guns.
    - Never finding love again.
    - Losing the people I care about.

No fears: Everything else :) (Or well, nothing big)

12. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Blasted Longbows, and those crossbows! They should only be used for hunting animals back then. They're not much better than those evil guns, ARGH! But it would still be better than shooting while hidden or pushing a button and destroying a country! They had it right, way back when. *sigh* Only if...

[ October 03, 2002, 22:27: Message edited by: Rolsuk Fryulee ]

13. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Tal's right. An English Archer's arrow would pierce 2 inches of steel.

14. zepert Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Fear
    lonelyness
    losing friends (happend two years ago)
    losing religion

Non Fear
    dead

15. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I don't think fear or being afraid is all that wrong! it is the way we deal with this fear that is important.
    I've be frightened often enough, but due to experience i know what frightens me most: losing my girl-friend or family. To die is less frightening, because quite frankly I am rather curious what heaven looks like (seriously!) but to loose someone you love and knowing you will never ever do something together again...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.