1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite Spell!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I was just thinking though, doesn't remove magic travel at a slower speed than lighting and chaos, which means those spells won't be as effective?

2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Nahal's Reckless Dweomer! With it you can access every other spell in your spellbook, right from the beginning at that as well! And funnier than a barrell full of knife wielding monkeys too!

It's by far the most powerful spell in the game, because of the wild surges! Of course it's one of the most deadliest spells for the caster as well, power does come with a price, which might as well be a cow on your head, or a vicious case of hiccups!

One favourite spell accessible to non-wild mages is polymorph self, especially in SoA, although the sword-spider's bit too overpowered. The flind-shape's pretty useful, if you don't have anything else to kill those adamantite golems, which I usually don't. Have to try those minute meteors however...maybe with an assassin-mage...

3. Fly2tHeSkY

OMG! Now THAT'S an idea! You think that the missiles really do that!

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Well I never noticed the difference in speed of spells, when a Lich does cast that trigger, my party's heavy protections are dispelled, so that Improved Pitfiend (6 attacks per round, slow and deadly disease with no save, save vs poison or die, symbols, 20d6 fireball, plus illusions, and it gates another Improved Pitfiend with full HP when near death. That demons are soo fun! I once killed 6-7 of them thanks to their continously gating eachother, but that is another story... :D ) can target us for the masacree once we are ripped of protection from fire (ouch 20d6 fireball hurts)and evil (so PF can start ripping us apart with his deadly bite and poisonous claws). Plus we take damage from Lightning AND some people become confused thanks to chaos. So I guess, for some reason, the combo works perfectly. Maybe the spell order in the sequencer is important? Gotta try it!

5. Chimera Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Wish: Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting on everyone in the area.
    Was a lot of fun, especially in the elven city :evil:

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Well I had the idea from this:

So if the wizard-slayer/wizard's cumulative spell failure effect works with minute meteors, then why shouldn't assassin/mage be able to poison her meteors? Bet that someone's tried this out already, so would that someone tell how :yum: it was.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Powerword - Reload.

8. Fly2tHeSkY

Reload, why?

Has anyone tried putting 3 gates into a spell sequencer before, can that be done because I haven't used them for a while?

But it would be nice! :D

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Chain Contingency would be the specific spell and no, I haven't tried it. Not much for summons I am. I bet Silverstar will try it out. He tries out everything! :lol: :grin:

10. Fly2tHeSkY

Just saying that makes me nervous! I'm not much on summons either, but considering how everyone is in love with Gate, I was hoping for some people to just explode over what i had said.

How about 3 Comets or Dragon's Breath ... now that would be interesting!

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Actually, a powerful cleric/mage can stick 3 gates into a CC, as priest version of Gate is lvl 7! It woud be cool, but would it be really useful?

Best offensive use of CC is to put 3 PImages on it as I always said! Having 4 PIs, each summoning two Planetars and casting TSs and emptying their books with IAs are fun! :roll:

12. Fly2tHeSkY

Oh that would be evil! Imagine a greater malison and two wail of the banshee's ... would that be enough to kill some of the most powerful things?

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Maybe, add the fact that Doom stacks erronously, and cleric/mage PIs can cast tons of these in a rush with IA and Robe of Vecna! Then each PI casts a WOB, all monsters must make multiple saves vs death magic at approx. -10 penalty or die! Mwahahaha! :evil:

14. Fly2tHeSkY

Now THAT'S evil! But honestly, I've never used Project Image before! And considering how good everyone says it is, I really should eh!

What does it do anyways?

Oh, please don't laugh at me!

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

PI casts out an identical version of the mage who cast it. If you load your quick slots with high level scrolls, *then* cast PI, the PI will have those same scrolls to play with.

16. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

If you cast a PI, your mage is paralyzed, but new PI is essentially the same as your PC! It can cast all spells he knows, use wands&scrolls without wasting the originals. Essentially it is a second life to your caster. Your PI can empty your spell book, yes you can cast all those TSs, IAs, and everything! Plus, it can breach the summon limit, a PI can summon as many Planetars as it can, for example. And you only waste a level 7 PI for technically every other spell in your memory! PIs CAN attack as well!

Downside:Your own mage is paralyzed, if you take any kind of damage or your image is killed via damage, dispel magic, or True Sight spell ends. You must find a safe place for your PC, or the spell will end abruptly!

Nasty Combo:Stick 3 PIs on Chain Contingency, set it to myself, HELPLESS! (this is important) Now cast your own PI, you will be helpless, paralyzed; CC will kick in and create 3 additional PIs, all at full power and potential! The absolute cheese! YOu now have 4 images, totally expendable, and as powerful as your caster! They can summon a horde of Planetars, or cast never ending Time Stops continously! Or you can set different tasks to each of them, ie:One dispels protections and lowers resistances, one summons cannon fodders, one buffs/heals like crazy, one goes on a rampage with offensive magic! Possibilities are endless! I think PI is the BEST spell ever because of this! Special thanks goes to Chain Contingency ofcourse!

17. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

How can PI attack? they can only damage with spells and wands right? I tried to melee with one before and it didnt work :(

18. Fly2tHeSkY

Oohhhh! Now I know what all the hype's about! Actually yes, that strategy does sound like the ultimate cheese! :D

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Err, I may be wrong, never tried attacking with PIs as they are better casting something, but I heard from somewhere or I misunderstood something.

To tell you the truth, I tried casting a Harm and attacking with a PI once and it did not work. You may be right. :p Sorry! Somebody please confirm this?

Ah, I remember now, if they are Shape-changed PIs can attack! Cast Stoneskin, Fshields, Mirror images, THEN Shape-change, Imp.haste, Tenser's Trans and send 4 new shapechanged-mindflayers to the battle, they will suck the brains of almost anything FAST, while being heavily protected! 4 hits means -20 int, nothing can survive this easily. :D This is evil! Try it!

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Aside from being dispelled, a PI can't attack in melee.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.