1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite party compositions, races, class and kit for IWD-2

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Ragusa, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Grah'huk Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My party-to-be:
    Drow Weapons Master - Grah'huk, CG
    Aasimar Cavalier - Leishara, LG
    Ghostwise Halfling Assassin - Asthin, CN
    Human Arcane Rogue (dual later) - Rethna, NG
    Aasimar Battleguard of Tempus - Aerias, LN
    Deep Gnome Illusionist - Ancalagon, CG

Probably will dual the rogue to a mage, so he can cast the spells that the illusionist can't.

Thx, Ragusa. Maybe I should pay more attention to IWD updates.

[This message has been edited by Grah'huk (edited March 04, 2002).]

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Grah'huk,
    I fear your main char of choice cannot be the wizard-slayer: This kit was ditched in favour of the Landsknecht.
    The remaining fighter kits up to now are: weapon's master, ravager and landsknecht.

3. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Hmm... Maybe this would be nice:

1. Male Human Landsknecht, The ultimate Two-Handed Swordsman!
    2. Male Dwarven Ravager, Very Korganish
    3. Female Human Monk, Yeah!
    4. Female Tiefling Swashbuckler, wields Two Longswords
    5. Male Gnomish Illusionist, prefferably named Igbut
    6. Male Human Battleguard (?)

[This message has been edited by Brega (edited March 05, 2002).]

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Okay ... I was tempted to start a new thread, but I figured we could just re-work our party ideas in the Classic Ragusa Fashion.

So ... considering the fact that Kits are out & 3E multi-classing is in ... what will your party look like?

Aasimar Paladin
    Gold Dwarf Barbarian
    Wood Elf Ranger
    Ghostwise halfling Bard
    Tiefling Druid
    Drow Sorcerer

I'm kinda week on thieving skills, which is fine because I never sneak...I just need someone to picklocks and find traps.

5. Ragusa

Media:
    Hmm, considering the changes I have to readjust my chars of choice as well ... so my original party now looks like
    • Lord Belmen, aasimar Paladin of Illmater or Paladin of Helm (multiclassed - gains either cleric (Ilmather) or fighter (Helm) levels - I haven't yet decided) - I want him multiclassed since the aasimar's fav class is paladin, so he won't have a malus. He'll be fighting melee only (anything else wouldn't be honourable, he'll never use peasant's weapons like halberds either) - my cavalier pendant :(
    • Sir Donaldus, halfling pure paladin(legit this time ;) , all classes will be open for all races!!!)
    • Imrahil, woodelf ranger putting all his efforts in bows, my archer ;)
    • Arabakus Strongshield, gold-dwarf mc fighter-cleric - I know I'll need healing :D
    • Caffrey Beamish, lightfoot-halfling mc rogue-wizard, maybe even rogue-fighter-wizard - perhaps a little daring, considering the xp-penalty but also very promising combos ...
    • Yet Open, :D, considering the countless glorious deeds of the heroes above, a lightfoot-halfling bard might be nice, or a wise wizard or sorcerer ... I'll see

As for multiclassing and pally's or monks read J.E. Sawyer's first post: http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29811

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited March 17, 2002).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  6. Grah'huk Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well, I might as well scap my previous idea. But, here it goes:

Grah'huk, Drow Fighter, spec in two-weapons,
    Leishara, Aasimar Paladin
    Asthin, Ghostwise Halfling thief, might take a few levels of sorc or wiz.
    Aerias, Aasimar Cleric, Backup warrior.
    Rethna, Human Bard/Sorc. Specialize in support spells.
    Ancalagon, Deep Gnome Illusionist.

* Now if they remove all the special races, I'll raise (explicative deleted). I've already lost my wizard slayer, but I will not stand for losing my Drow Elf.

7. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A Human Male Bard/Fighter, Lingrin Songe.
    A Wild-elven Female Rogue/Sorcerer, Teresa Shadowspell.
    A Ghostwise Halfling Male Barbarian/Rogue, Ferrul Raige.
    An Elven Male Fighter (or pally, haven't decided), Gen Oakbow.
    An Aasimar Female Cleric, Faith Everlast.
    An Elven Male Wizard (or fighter/wizard, again haven't decided), Magicus.

OK, there's my six-member party, Lingrin's Leopards.

8. Ragusa

Media:
    I am also thinking about a second party for IWD-2 (if I stand the guilt of doing evil things all game):

-Portoss, Human Stormlord of Talos (natural leader :D ) using FLAILS
    -Arloth, human fighter-bard
    -Snagar, Duergar fighter
    -Faltarin, Drow fighter-sorcerer
    -Erloth, "The Dagger", Tiefling rogue-fighter
    -Shnarff, Half-Orc barbarian-rogue (or better: thug :D )

Just a thought ...

9. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Gunthar - Human Paladin
    Renkhar - NG Dwarven Tank
    Kevlin - LN Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric
    Lisanne - NG Human Sorcerer
    Niome - CG Aasimar Cleric
    Griedvar - CN Svirfneblin Illusionist/Thief

Of course Greidvar is really a long lost Svirfneblin cousin of Jan Jansen :grin: . Or I might have to rearrange my party to include my psychotic CN Half-orc Barbarian/Thief (don't even think of backstabbing him) Kharlum. The only good thing about PoR, was that it had a good character model for him.

[This message has been edited by Gunthar (edited June 10, 2002).]

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I have a question...Will drow elves actually be able to levitate, cast faerie fire, and globe of darkness in this game? Does anyone know?

11. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

nope, I think that Drow in IWD2 (As well as in NWN) would be an aesthetic choice.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Any word on whether the Drow's magic resistance will block healing, like it did in BG?

14. Ragusa

Media:
    I don't think so

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.