1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite game quote

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Jesper898, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

"I think we can take <CHARNAME>. I'm backstab, you rage, and Tim will cast Magic Missile. Okay, ready... ATTACK!"

Bondari Reloads

"Here's your beholder eyes. It was a good quest."

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

One of the many classics from Irenicus in BG2:

"You will wither, you will wane, and you will die."

3. Thais Paradox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

"I'll bet ye've got all *sorts* of barmy questions!" She mimics your heroic stance: "Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady of Pain? I'm lookin' for the magic Girdle o'Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2817th Plane o'the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o'Woundin' and Returnin' and Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Your-Bum is?" She spits. "Dung, all of it! Only gets ye in the Dead-Book! I ought ta kick ye in the shins fer even pesterin' a poor ol' woman about it all! Now go away an' leaves me in peace!"

An Elderly Woman in the Hive, Mortuary District (Planescape: Torment)

Best.Quote.Ever! :p

4. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

"Thus it has become clear that the meaning of life is... Aaaaaagh!

Philosofer in Master of Olympus: Zeus

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, just like eran, I like most quotes in LucasArts' games. Especially the Monkey Island series.

Murray (talking skull): The forces of evil will applaud me as I stride through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike!
    Guybrush: Stride??
    Murray: Roll! okay, roll through the gates of hell.

Murray: My evil powers have made me omnipotent

6. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Lilacor is the king of funny..........

"I love the smell of daisies in the morning!"

7. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

"Murder!Death!Kill!"-Liracor

"Butt kicking, for goodness!" -Minsc

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

HK-47 from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - "Allow me to meditate upon the memory of my former meatbag"
    And M3 conversing with the PC from same.
    *click on M3*
    M3: *do-ee-beep!*
    <PC>: "I wanted to ask you a few questions."
    M3: *beep-dee-beep-beep*
    <PC>: "You didn't even know what I was going to say!"
    M3: *bing-beep*
    <PC>: "Just chime in if you have any advice..."
    Damn I love droids.

And I'm not sure if it's a quote but Sarevok's battle cry from Throne of Bhaal "MuuaahahahahahahaHA!" Kevin Michael Richardson (the voice of Sarevok) has evil laughter down to an art I tell you! An ART!

9. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Though I've never played it myself, I've heard many quotes from the text adventure Planetfall, in which your sidekick is a small robot named Floyd. If Floyd is nearby when you save the game, he says "Oh Boy! Are we gonna try something dangerous now?"

That just strikes me as hilarious.

10. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Ah, yes, classic Infocom games...I guess it's not a quote, exactly, but in Beyond Zork, when you saved the game, you had to invoke the mystical, all-powerful "Spell of Saving".

11. Champion of the Multiverse Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Caleb: "Leave now and live or stay and die."
    Prophet: "I'm staying."
    Caleb: "Then you're dying."

12. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Most of the BG2 quotes, the Final Fantasies, Counter Strike ("Fire in the hole." is immortal) and the Warcraft 3 hidden quotes.

Blood Elf Peasant:

"It's simple. Just take the hydraulic phase shift emulator and attach it to the trans-dimensional photon emitter. Bam, new tower."

"I'll have it up in no time.' is an official term of the United Blood Elf Engineers' Union and should not be taken as a reasonable actual estimation of the actual time it will take to complete a task in any way, shape, or form."

Pit Lord:

-*cheesey talk show theme music plays*
    -Announcer: "Welcome back to 'Jaina In the Morning'."
    -Jaina: "We're here with Malvindroth, Hunter of Night, and his girlfriend Kim. Now Kim, you think you're here for a makeover,right?"
    -Kim: "Umm... yeah?"
    -Jaina: "Mal, why don't you tell us why you're really here."
    -Malvindroth: "Well, Kim-cake, I love you. But I have something to tell you. Uh... I'm a Demon."
    -*audience gasps and boos*
    -Malvindroth: "Actually, more of a Pitlord."
    -Kim: "What? I don't understand."
    -Crowd: "HE'S A BUM, THROW HIM OUT!"
    -Kim: "I thought you said you work for the post office."
    -Malvindroth: "Well... I moonlight."

Blood Mage:

-Blood Mage: "Hi, my name is Roy. I'm a Magic-Addict."
    -Magic-Addicts Anonymous Crowd: "Hi Roy."

-"My blood cries out for the vengeance of my people's blood, which can only be repaid with twice as much blood! Or maybe three times as much blood! Like, if you went to hell and it was full of blood, and that blood was on fire, and it was raining blood, then maybe THAT would be enough blood. But, uh... probably not."

from MunkiBleedsGreen's FAQ. :)

13. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

"Councilman Shrub" from Vice City. Later they call him a hillbilly redneck :)

14. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Benedict the Prankster from Might & Magic 4:

Or something along those lines.

15. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well there is really only one option for me here and it's "Look behind you a three headed monkey"
    from monkey island series of course.

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My favorite has got to be a line from Duke Nukem 3D, in a hidden area you find the mutilated body of the character from Doom and Duke comments

"That's one doomed space marine"

I still can't believe they actually put that in the game.

17. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think it is in one of the Baldur Gate games (or possibly IWD), but I can't remember where or who - or the exact quote. The essence of it is when the Player responds to the NPC a longish reply ending with something similar to this:

"If you don't do (whatever), I'm going to stuff a long, blunt object the size of Elminster AND his hat, up your largest bodily crevice."

The image this creates gets me every time.

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    In IWD II I can't recall where... And I'm not 100% of the true dialogue but it sounded like this

<NPC> Hello I'm a rock
    <PC> a rock? what are you a complete moron?
    <NPC> Hey who stupier? You're the one talking to a rock!
    <PC> FINE! be a rock!

in SW KoTOR
    The PC (male) is talking to bastilla, in a random talking. Again I'm not totaly sure if it is the exact text

<PC> Why are you looking my face like that? Founded something you liked?

:lol:

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The Duke:

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum."

20. TheAngulion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Can't think of any BG1 + BG2 quotes at the moment, there were so many... But some of my favourite game quotes are from the Fallout series:

"I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry." The Vault Dweller in Fallout 1

"It's always patch you up! Fix you up! A*ยง$&le!" Doctor Wu in Fallout 1

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.