1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite FR deity

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Takara, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Ok, So many of us have played through the Bioware Games, and many others have done more than that besides. Like read books etc. So I was wondering, what is your favourit forgotten Realms Deity? Who really rocks your boat?

For me, since I'm a little.... enthusiastic about the little races, Dwarves and Gnomes in particular, it'd be one of theirs. For the dwarves, I really like the forge master Moradin. And for the Gnomes, it's Garl Glittergold, since he has many of the traits I admire. Humour, tricks etc.

Out of these two, my favourite is Garl Glittergold, which is really no surprise to many I'm sure. So, how about you?

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That would be Lathander. Birth, the sun, renewal, vitality, undead-bashing. I like that.

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

First, for those who can't remember the exact name or spelling... BAM!

Mine would be Tymora. What is better then the goddess of good fortune and adventuring?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  4. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Cyric! One of the most powerful FR gods, after absorbing the powers and domains of three previous gods... and he has a really cool sword. Assassins, etc., are cool, too.

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Thanks for posting that link Jaguar. I should have included it, so gracias.

6. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The Elven deity, Erevan Ilesere: Mischief, Change, Rogues

Sounds grand to me.

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Cyric, Mask and Shaundakul certainly have to be the best FR gods. Mix them altogether and you'd have an unbeatable mix. Theivery, Assasins, Portals and Shadows...
    Not that they'd ever do that, but still.

The reason behind my choice. Simple for the first two, I've always loved plotting, secret sort of evil characters/assassins. The best type of character to play. The reason behind Shaundakul, well once again, I've always liked playing characters who travel around a lot, never stop in one place, always on the look out to help people out. You get the idea.

8. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I've always liked Ellistraee best, but lately I've taken a liking to Cyric. I don't know why, but he's definitely my favorite evil one. Actually, my last PnP character was an insane Hexblade/priest (NOT cleric) of Cyric who believed himself to be Cyric's avatar.

Well I thought it cool.

9. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Bhaal, former Lord of Murder, or Cyric, current God of Murder. We need someone to go around smiting people at will.

10. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Lolth! I would SO want to be a Drow.

11. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Selûne or Eldath i say.

12. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Corellon Larethian - What can I say? I have a fascination with elves. Feanor, Galadriel, and so on. Taking out Gruumsh's eye definitely raises his stock with me as well.

Torm - I'm not necessarily lawful good in my outlook. After all, much of my work this past year has been criminal defence work. But I always like having a Paladin in my D&D parties, for roleplaying reasons as well, and not just for somebody to carry a paladin-specific sword. The idea of somebody who can stand toe to toe with demons, undead, etc. where others falter is such a grand concept. That Torm wasted Bane, albeit temporarily, certainly helps as well.

13. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My favorites would have to be Velsharoon, Cyric and Shar. Put those three together and what else would you need? ;)

14. Jaganis Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I Can't Really Decide... So I'm Going To Choose A Deity From Every Pantheon...
    Faerûnian Pantheon: Tempus (Bad ass Fighter)
    Mulhorandi Pantheon: Anhur (Again Bad ass Fighter)
    Drow Pantheon: Kiaransalee (Und-ead, Und-erdark)
    Dwarven Pantheon: Clangeddin Silverbeard (He's Friggin Mental)
    Elven Pantheon: Labelas Enoreth (He Whipped Clangeddin Around)
    Gnome Pantheon: Baraver Cloakshadow (Gnomes, Thieves, Traps?)
    Halfling Pantheon: Urogalan (A Pwuppy Dwog, Who Guard Dead Stuff)
    Orc Pantheon: Ilneval

When I Kind Of Think About It... Ilneval Must Be My All Time Favorite, Plotting Against Gruumsh And Such.

15. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Horus-Re of the Mulhorandi Pantheon seems a good fit with me. I don't like big changes in my life and the concept of maat (justice, honor, order and righteousness) appeals greatly to me. I'm also terribly vindictive, especially when it concerns treachery. I'm very protective of those dear to me, and will always step up to aid and protect 'the weak'.

I'm not completely Lawful, though I usually do abide it and accept the consequences of my actions with proper responsibility.

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I have troubles choosing the favourite deity, as alignment is key and I display LG, NG and LN patterns, not just one. That deity definitely has to be Good-aligned and can't be a Tyr's servant (I don't like the guy and I don't consider him a valid Lawful Good deity), so Ilmater won't make it - despite the fact I like him. Neither will Torm make it. Guess it'll have to be Lathander - though I don't really appreciate unwise things he has done.

Honorary mention: Mielikki, Savras, Helm.

17. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ao, he is the best ^^

18. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Mask. Though I don't like his alignment. Just think he's a cool kid, driving Cyric mental and all..

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Oghma - knowledge is power.

20. a soubriquet Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Mellifluer sounds interesting to me. I've always been fascinated with liches for some reason. Not just the power, but also the undeath longetivity and almost invincibility that they seem to have.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.