1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite DJ?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Gehn, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Well, Tiesto hasn't been elected the world's best DJ for the third year in a row for nothing you know. ;)

2. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

LOL... Gehn. The only song on your list I've heard is Curve.

here's my top ten...

1 Air - All I Need
    2 K&D - Rocker's Hi-Fi - Going Under (the 8 minute one)
    3 Massive Attack - Teardrop
    4 Aim - Cold Water Music
    5 Solar Spirit - Asiatronic (from Stoned Asia 2)
    6 Royksopp - Eple
    7 Afterlife - Falling
    8 Delerium - Terra Nova (I think that's it)
    9 Amon Tobin - Easy Muffin
    10 Amon Tobin - Mighty Micro People

There. A more definitive list.

3. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm liking it Mystra's Chosen, i'm liking it! Quite an eclectic list man. What sort of music do "Solar Spirit" produce? I'm sure i've heard of them...oh but wait, there are so many songs and producers with "solar" in their name i could just be thinking of any number of them...yep i think that's it. Nope, definitely never heard of them. Some enlightenment please MC?

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

Well, sorry to let you down there Gehn, but I've only heard the one song. It's from Stoned Asia 2 (I don't know if that's well know in other countries, as my brother brought it home from the Balkans), a cd jammed full of tunes from guys like Nitin Sawhney (sp?) and Thievery Corp.

Anyway, I tend to like really mellow ****. I fall alseep every night with my phones on listening to this kind of tuneage.

BTW, if you ever get the chance, the cd Poem by Delerium is my favorite cd. Just so ya know.

5. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Cool. I'll check it out for sure. Thanks MC :D
    I've never really looked into Delerium much, but i always hear good things.
    Here's one for you: Danny Howells 24/7
    Just like you i always go to sleep listening to really mellow ****. The "day" disc on this cd is some of the best chillout you will ever hear. Hope you can get a copy. I garuantee you'll like it. Especially after seeing what other music you're into.

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

My buddy's cousin is a DJ in Manitoba, and he burnt me a CD that I'm listening to now. It's got some good stuff on it! Wierd name though. Derkin Dodey?

7. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Heheh, yeah i never heard of him. Is he quite a big DJ?

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

No, he's just a local guy. You've never heard him unless you've partied in Winnepeg. (Which I don't even think people who live there do.) ;)

9. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Typically for the Dutch to select their famouser, Tiesto. He's good, else he wouldn't have won og course. But I prefer the less famous DJ's. You can download some pretty cool game music on

www.ocremix.org
    if I'm not mistaking.

Pick up the Easthaven IWD remix, it's pretty cool.

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I don't know if you can call them DJ's but I like

The Crystal Method
    Mouse On Mars
    Junkie XL
    Orbital
    And Lungworm

11. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Well teehee.

A dutchboy who doesn't like Tiesto...
    a rarity

12. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I hate Tiesto realy! Junkie XL us WAY better! I can't understand why he did win...

13. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Me neiter. Nut I'm not so familiar in the world of DJ's. He's not bad but if he's to represent the DJ's of all the world...

I'm gonna be the one asking questions...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.