1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite party composition

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by hannibal555, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I've read somewhere that as a male main character, you can have a threesome with Lelianna and Zevran (who is also bi)... :lol:

2. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Could you do me a favor and let me know all the details of your ending. I'm curious what happens epilogue wise when you are romancing both of them at the same time (especially as an elf).

I can tell you a few things I've heard from others regarding the relationships but I'm not sure if you want spoilers. And there are a few decisions that really affect the ending and if one of those relationships stays together.

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    You can use the spoiler tag. ;)

It's funny to think that they've included two characters who are bi. Female players are not stuck with one romance like in BG2. Although to be fair, I find Alistair to be much nicer than Anomen.

4. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Alister is like Anomen. Morrigan reminds me of Edwin, but female. Lelian reminds me of Iomen.

Do any of the other characters remind you of a NPC from BG2?

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Zevran has a few things in common with Coran although there are big differences (both are players but Coran is definitely good whereas Zevran is an assassin). You can also find similarities between Zevran and Haerdalis. Actually one could say that Oghren is a very archetypal dwarf or that Sten is a bit like a very stern version of Minsc without Boo.

That being said I like Alistair because he is funny and doesn't take himself seriously. Anomen is pompous and self righteous. I never liked him before picking him up with an evil character and making him fall. I can't see much in common between them. Perhaps it's due to the fact that I'm prejudiced toward Anomen whereas I tend to relate to Alistair for being a nice and dependable guy (although some of his comments are -for lack of a better word- weird).

Morrigan and Edwin are quite different IMO. They're both powerful mages but I find Morrigan to be a much better party member than Edwin. You really had to make concessions to get Edwin in your party (at least in SoA). Morrigan doesn't insult your character like Edwin does. She doesn't treat you like you're a complete idiot either.

Leliana is a red haired rogue but I don't see much similarities beyond that. She is a good person but she is also a religious freak. Imoen doesn't strike me as the religious type. Besides they don't speak in the same way. Imoen has a distinctive American accent whereas Leliana speaks in the fake French accent that is used for all Orlesian characters.

You will always find similarities if you look hard enough though.

6. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Point taken Caradhras

And from what I've seen & read relating to Sten he is more like a Klingon than Minsc. The latter is fun and focused on "evil" while the former is more interested in being a tough guy without morals or what we think of as justice. (if you remember SoA Minsc says Viccy should be saved from the stake because she hasn't done anything wrong, Sten wouldn't care).

Munchkin Blender

I wonder if it is possible for you to get a bunch of good epilogues at the end of the game.

1st (Edited)

As an
    elf you may, if you put Alistair on the throne and that may depend on if you get him to marry Anora (you have to convince both to go with this), turn your relationship with him into a big bonus for elves. Argue that he should consider marrying her as something that must be done for political reasons and your elf will be his mistress-thus he gets the crown, you, and your whispering in his ear on behalf of elves.

To do this you may also have to get him to take the throne more seriously and the possibility people may act for selfish reasons (doing this doesn't make him a cruel person as for as I can tell). Also you need to keep both yourself and him alive which means getting him to sleep with Morrigan close to the end (this is a choice of you/him dying vs her getting pregnant).

Edit:
    It is important that Loghain Mac Tir be killed by the protagonist or spared for political reasons by Alistair (without the latter having a hissy fit). If Alistair executes him Anora doesn't like it.

2nd

As a
    mage you may be able to make life better or more free for mages.

Not sure if you end up as First Enchanter or not. In each case this involves you staying alive.

It may not hurt to help a certain dwarf lady reach the Circle/mages.

Not sure if it is necessary to put Bhelen (though don't let him literally kill off the opposition) on the dwarven throne for this but it may help.

3rd

I don't know
    the positive romantic outcome for Leliana. If you are romancing her you may have to stay alive to find out. If you sacrifice yourself at the end she mourns you and it is suggested she may eventually commit suicide.

For other epilogues relating to the 3rd issue
    she either goes back home to deal with her former teacher, works with a group at Urn (provided you saved it & killed off the dragons residing near it), or works for Alistar (provided he is on the throne) investigating darkspawn.

4th

I'm not sure but you may be able to
    negotiate between mages & templars and get each to aid you at the end. I'm not sure because you are a mage so templars may, but hopefully will not, view you as a poor choice to be a mediator.

Anyway. This is spoiler heavy but if you can pull some of these off I'll be interested to hear how the game ends for you as I don't know what happens with that particular combination of origins and choices and you may be well on your way.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.