1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite Movie Villains

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

You made a pretty nice list, but Lila West doesn't remotely belong on it in my opinion. I found that whole story arc terrible because she was so incredibly annoying.

As for additions to the many villains already named: Dr. Evil! Ok, he's not a brilliantly played diabolical genius, but I thought he was funny.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    As far as actors go, the best villain I've seen is Alan Rickman. I don't think I've ever seen him in a movie where he was NOT a villain. While he most recently played Snape in the Harry Potter movies, he also was the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood (the one starring Costner), and he was the main villain - forget the character's name - in the original Die Hard movie.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Add Anton Chigurh (No Country for Old Men) to the list.

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Rickman was a normal person in an adaptation of one of Jane Austen's God-awful novels -- Sense and Sensibility, iirc, though of course I didn't see it. Jane's work gives me the runs.

Someone has already mentioned Anton, Splunge, and it's inspiring me to see this movie -- I have yet to see it.

5. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Prepare yourself for many acts of violence.

I thought Javier Bardem as Chigurh was quite effective, but it was because he underplayed it. The guy hardly ever said anything (aside from his creepy heads-or-tales routine), which made him kind of unknowable, and thus all the more fearsome. His bizarre sociopathic integrity (e.g. honoring the results of the coin toss) was also very unnerving.

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ted Levine... duh. Unrelated, he also plays the Chief of police on "Monk". Quite a different role.

---------- Added 0 hours, 4 minutes and 49 seconds later... ----------

Faye Dunaway's portrayal of Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest was pretty damn good as well.

7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    This. Most villains don't manage to outshine the main protagonists, but Roy Batty's story gives him so much more character than Rick Deckard. And Rutger Hauer puts him on the screen perfectly. At the end of the movie, you really want him to live. And he makes Deckard kind of look like a prick :)

If you ask for my favorite movie villain, this is the only one that really comes to my mind.

Didn't remember Gary Oldman from Léon, just Jean Reno, actually. Had to look it up in the internets. Gary Oldman has a great flair for portraying flamboyant bad guys, though. Loved him in The Fifth Element.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Oh yes, a very bad guy.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Annie Wilkes was a great villian, but Eleanor Shaw pales in comparison to Eleanor Iselin from the original Manchurian Candidate.

Others to include in any list are Noah Cross from Chinatown and HAL9000.

10. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    I thought Judge Doom was pretty good in 'Who framed Roger Rabbit?'

11. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Here are some more villains I remember being quite rememberable.

01. Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet (just nuts).
    02. Killer Bob from Twin Peaks (downright creepy).
    03. Bill Nighy in the Underworld movies.
    04. Gene Hackman in Unforgiven.

12. Ben Snow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

For me some memorable ones that haven't been mentioned already are Kevin (Elijah Wood) and Yellow Bastard from Sin City as well as Karl Ruprecht Kroenen from the first Hellboy movie.

I also like Prince Nuada from Hellboy 2.

Both the Pale Man and Capt Vidal from Pans Labyrinth were excellent. The Pale Man wasn't the main villian but he was creeptastic.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.