1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite 1st person shooter

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Shralp, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Ack, my name would have been Deathmage had I not felt weird that day I registered. Deus Ex is a GREAT game!! Too bad you can't play it...(Feels sad for you :cry: )

[This message has been edited by The Dreadmaster (edited April 27, 2002).]

2. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Best First person shooter that is simple Half-life and all its mods and addons. the game is simply the best.

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

4. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Wheel of Time, for having a generally fantastic feel, although the controls can be quite difficult to master. One of only two FPS games I've finished (the other was Drakan).

Day of Defeat, for just being a plain fun multiplayer game.

The rest are rather mediocre, I think.

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Namuras: How does drakan count as a FPS ?since the only time you are in FPS is when your using the bow. The rest of the time your in 3rd person. On a side note were youu rather dissapointed by the ending as both my friend and i who finished it were.

6. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Yeah, sorry, my bad.

And, I was rather disappointed in the entire story. Very silly. Yet, it didn't matter since my brother bought the game, not me... :grin:

[This message has been edited by Namuras (edited April 27, 2002).]

7. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

8. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Woohoo! Thanks Wildfire!! *is very happy*

9. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG]
    Turandil: did you actually have anything constructive to say? or is the most construcive thing you can say as to your favourite first person shooter "Moa:aa"? Keep the meaningless comments such as "Moa:aa" to the Post for meaningless babbling... - http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/001715.html

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited April 28, 2002).]

10. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

He might have meant Medel of Honour: Allied Assault, badly misspelling honour.. ;)

11. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

DEUS EX BABY !!!! Nowt beats it. It's just brilliant. story line, playability. just priceless.
    My second is probably system shock 2, even though i haven't managed it all the way through yet. I mean any game that manages to scare me half to death in the first five minutes is definately worth my time. But downer is i get half the way through it and i don't know what to do. very confusing.

12. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

I retract my former post and concur with theholygit. Deus Ex is by far my favorite, with System Shock 2 coming in as my second favorite.
    Message to theholygit: Ask me questions if you need help with SS2. I've beaten it and can provide you with tips, etc.

[This message has been edited by SlimShogun (edited April 28, 2002).]

13. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

No One Lives Forever. It has a great plot, a good use of the LethTech engine, it's funny and the dialogue is the best. All and all the best FPS since Half-Life

14. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

DOn't play 1st person shooters often.... .Quake 3 still rules..... Fast and deadly.

16. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

Jedi Outcast (2), Return to Wolfenstien, Serious Sam, System Shock 2, HALO, Unreal and Red Faction on the PS2 round out my top spots, but not necessarily in that order.

Hat's off to Soldier of Fortune, but the music became a little too severe after a while.

Deus Ex is awesome, but admittedly complex.

I really want to get my hands on Operation Flashpoint and Operation IGI, but haven't as of yet. Same for Voyager Elite Force.

I also want to play the Dark Forces series in reverse since I started with Jedi Outcast, and I remember seeing DF back in the day and being wowed by it.

I have to give a lot of credit to the Descent series, too. I condiser them FPS, close enough.

17. Forashi Guest

Damn, tough one. I can't say just 1 or 2 so I'll go with

*Tribes 1 -it's got longevity and the skilled really come out in this one, TAC is cool 2 only too many second-rate players there
    *Jedi Outcast -multiplay sucks but single.. ahh just love to be close to the force
    *Deux Ex -either incredible luck or mad skillz, this rocks
    *Aliens vs. Preds II -nice vibes, all was as it should be.. been a long time since I last was that scared :happy:

All in this order.

[This message has been edited by Forashi (edited May 23, 2002).]

18. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Aliens vs Predator 2: both great single and multiplayer. Marine campaign actually managed to make me tense, unlike system shock or any of the other supposedly scary games. Pred campaign is just plain fun: nothing like sneaking up on people and decapitating them. Alien is fun for a while, but there is no variety.

multiplayer is awesome in every mode except straight deathmatch...but noone plays DM so it doesn't matter. spawn camping can be a problem on certain servers, however

oh, and Orkrist: be sure to try operation Flashpoint before you buy it. It can be EXTREMELY difficult. 40 minute missions in which you can save ONCE. *shudders* there are ways around that, but still...

19. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

half life familly games - inculding Counter Strike, which is fantastic multiplayer...

20. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    The all classic UT, quickly followed by Alien vs. Predator and Medal of Honour. C&C Renegade is pretty funny too, Major Havoc rules.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.