1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Register, Jun 3, 2006.

1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

look at the top players, all thay have are just 3 defenders and tons of forwards. Should have done that. player a 3 4 3, and sub fwd players everyday. Midfielders are not good for fantasy game, especially those hardworking ones like Gerrard.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

3-4-3 is the only way to go, although your actual formation doesn't make much difference because only a handful of your players are active on any day. You could go with 1-1-2 because the other players aren't doing anything anyway.

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

HB, my team sucks, because I spent a lot of picks on those hard-working people. I also can't micromanage too much, as I'm in Germany, and there's not much time to check the net with regurality.

That, and my keeper choices suck.

4. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Just added my team. I don't fully understand things, but it's all for fun anyway. :)

Hope there will be plenty of shots for the korean goalkeeper to save!

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't understand things at all to be honest! :lol:
    I picked my team and it's only untuil recently I realised you change your captain every day and can change your team every day. I haven't touched mine :lol: .

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Come on Barmy, you're supposed to be the 'Sports Guru'! If a dumbo like me can figure it out, you should be able to cane it.

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    The Guru is taking time out. Every Guru has a rest period :D .

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Barmy Army, just so you know, trading players is cheap, and only powerplayers do it.

I must say, Yahoo and McDonalds have done a CRAP job at making a decent Fantasy Cup Manager, this one blows on so many levels it isn't even funny.

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    Too right, I have 3 or 4 going at the minute and this one is by far the worst/strangest.

10. Harbourboy

Such sour grapes! Just because you're not winning, the game MUST be bad / strange.

Stupid Zidane just got me negative points. He's ordinary.

11. Earl Grey

Having played a few fantasy sports games before I have to agree with Rutkowski; this one looks quite bad. Regardless of that it adds a little bit of extra fun while watching the games.

12. teekc Gems: 23/31

guys! you can line up your players for all dates all at once. just click the calender dates. so, practically, you don't need to change your captain "everyday", just do it in one day.

13. Harbourboy

Unless your players are all useless and give you negative points. Then you're better off having done nothing. Useless Zidane......

14. Earl Grey

Hopefully having learned how this works I've created the "Cuddly Kittens". Beware the kittens as they score more points than you can shake a stick at. ;)

15. Harbourboy

Ha, I'm still winning. You others just aren't trying. Wish we were playing for money now.

16. Earl Grey

Current standings:

145 pts - North Harbour XI
    128 pts - bang bang bang
    77,5 pts - Norfolk and Hope
    66 pts - Slow Food Lovers
    24,5 pts - San Marino
    0 pts - Cuddly Kittens

Trust me, my Cuddly Kittens will do miracles now!

17. Harbourboy

Why do you have two teams, Earl Grey? Doubling your chances? Now I really wish we had an entrance fee pot.

Although I still have loser Polish and Dutch players who are doing nothing for me, as well as too many negative scoring players. So many yellow cards in this World Cup that sometimes the guys who don't aply are better than the ones that do.

18. Earl Grey

Doubling my chances? :)
    No, just disregard the "Slow Food Lovers". Consider it a test run. Either way, "Cuddly Kittens" has missed the entire first "round" and won't stand a chance because of that.

... or will they? :angel:

19. Harbourboy

Useless Joe Cole only earned me 1.5 points in that game.

20. teekc Gems: 23/31

i am back!!!!!!!!!!!!

i told you, as long as you let gerrard do the things he did in Liverpool, he is the king of the world.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.