1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Register, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ok, thanks, teek, I'll join now (I didn't see that because I wasn't signed in! duh!)

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Stink. I'm already coming last and the tournament hasn't even started yet. Surely there must be more than 4 soccer fans who want to join this (especially as I am not even a soccer fan - but I'm just getting into the spirit of things).

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    I'm sure more will when they see this thread. There's more footy fans on here to join yet. Plenty of 'em!

I guess a lot can't be botehred with a fantasy footy though ;) .

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Fantasy football doesn't take much effort, especially as this game doesn't seem to allow loads of trades and doesn't have a rating system where certain players cost more than others (that's time consuming).

5. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

the title is fantasy football, so there might football fan who wouldn't come in just seeing the title. i was reluctant to read this too, initially, because fantasy sport is not my thingy afterall. But then i still went to the link and pick the players and so on and on and on.

6. Harbourboy

Good for you, teekc!

Actually, this version of fantasy soccer will be a bit tricky, given that you can have a different team for each day of the tournament. You'd have to be a micro-manager to win this one.

[ June 06, 2006, 03:19: Message edited by: Harbourboy ]

7. teekc Gems: 23/31

ok, let's talk about this.

we only have limited trading (changing players), so of course i want most of my players get into last 16. To get into last 16, they have to depend on their team and their group.

My biggest concern is U.S., italy, czech, you cannot know for sure who lose out. They all have good players, even U.S. Donovan and Keller are as good choice as other well known italians or Czechs, and they carry more weight than their Italian or Czech counterparts. i pick them i have to let go Italy or Czech .... And Italy is not 100% too.

8. Harbourboy

Hang on, how many trades are you allowed at the end of the Group stage?

I found a Polish player called Giza (Geezer! :geezer: ) He's bound to be my star of the tournament.

9. teekc Gems: 23/31

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/fwc06/fg/fg-04.html

3 or 4 after group stage, i think.

Now that i looked at it again...
    Home team is always strong, this year is Germany's turn. After group stage, they face England or Sweden, after that they face Argentina, Portugal or Netherlands, after that Brazil .... ohhhh the choice i have to make.

10. Harbourboy

Well, you can only have three Germans in your squad so it's not that big a deal.

11. teekc Gems: 23/31

but i also don't want to pick team that is on Germany's way.

12. Harbourboy

Wahey, I am winning the Fields O' Magick group! Let's stop the game now while I am ahead. Come on Joe Cole!

13. teekc Gems: 23/31

yea, let's end the group now. i win. end of story.

14. Harbourboy

Bah, here I go, my team is crap all of a sudden. Joe Cole hardly got me any points as captain even though he had a great game. Who works out these stats anyway. Wish I had some Mexicans now.

15. teekc Gems: 23/31

oh my god!!!

i just found out that you can pre line up your players ahead of time! there is a calender on top of your captain pic. Click on different date brings you to ... well, different date so that you can set your starting player ahead. i never knew that.

germany rest ballack. argentina rest aimar. portugal rest deco. that is my team.

[ June 12, 2006, 04:17: Message edited by: teekc ]

16. Harbourboy

My team is having a shocker. My Dutch players scored zero and my Argentinian got negative points. What a nightmare. And my captain Christian Ronaldo got all of two points. Go him.

17. teekc Gems: 23/31

oh come on!
    first Donovan gives me -1, then you sub out totti before he score a goal, come ON!!!!!!

18. Harbourboy

Rosicky got me 17 points. Woohoo! What happened to Rutowski?

19. Barmy Army

Media:
    That'll teach you to pick a Yank.

20. Harbourboy

Ha, I'm back on top of the table again. Go my Italians!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.