1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fantasy Football NFL

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Another loss, basically knocking me out of contention. Yahoo took a big old crap on us and no one could drop/add since Thursday, also no one could change lineups. It stopped me from picking up Ryan Grant and Devery Henderson. I lost by 4. I would of won with them in my lineup, as LT and Boldin were terrible! The ruling was no changes for anyone on players and email your lineup in. I had 1st pick on the waiver wire, so I was screwed! Big Time. Since the commish is my nephew, he's got one big wedgie coming his way next time I see him!:evil:

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Was that a league-specific issue? I use Yahoo for one of my leagues and I had no problems this week... WTH?

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, as my brother had no issues in his other 2 Yahoo leagues. But this is not my year, I am resigned to that fact. I played TG instead of Olsen yesterday and of course, Olsen pulls in 3 TDs. I played Stewart instead of Mendenhall, as I read the Steelers are weary of his fumbles, but Mendenhall comes up big and Stewart fumbles. Definitely not my year! But, I do look forward to being the spoiler....

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Yikes! Matt Schaub on a bye this week. Looks like I'm starting Alex Smith. :(

5. Blades of Vanatar

Do you get alot of negative categories, as in negative points for sacks, ints and fumbles? You might be better off leaving the QB slot blank.:D

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Was that sarcasm? Seriously, there have been like two occurrances all year of a QB getting negative points. Alex Smith has three starts thus far this year, and has scored at least 11 points in all three. He's not a great option, but I don't think he'll put up a negative score. Incidently, we do not get penalized for sacks (but the defense does get credit for 1 pt per sack) and we get -2 points for any turnover committed by any player.

7. Blades of Vanatar

Of course that was sarcasm.

Seriously though, in our league, it has happened several times. As we get -2 for Interceptions and Fumbles lost, -1 for Fumbles recovered and Sacks. But we get less for yardage than in previous years. Under 200 yds is a big zero pts gained. 200-225 is 2 pts, 226-250 is 4 pts, 251-276 is 6 pts, etc...Stafford was actually on a starting roster twice this year including last week, plus Warner's big crapper of a game 2 weeks ago was a loser as well. Several turnovers and no TDs lead to negative numbers at QB. This changed this year because we lost 2 teams, thinking that a really good QB would be starting at all times for everyone, but some of the rosters in our league make you scratch your head.

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    OK, our scoring is totally different - we get -2 for fumbles lost (no lost points for fumbles recovered), -2 for interceptions, no lost points for sacks. We get 1 pt for every 25 passing yards. So a 200 yard effort is worth 8 points.

9. Blades of Vanatar

That's basically the QB rules we had up until this year, but we lost 2 teams, dropping to the number to 8, so the commish changed it up a little this year. I think next year, we will vote it back to the original format, nobody likes this new QB scoring system, too many negatives.

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Well, he didn't get me a negative, but he did get me a really small number. He had 118 yards passing with one interception, worth a whole two points. On the much brighter side, Forte had about 150 yards combined rushing and receiving, and with a half point per reception, he finished with a very respectable total of 21.

I still don't know what I'm going to do with RB this week - I'm not sure if McCoy or Westbrook is worth starting. I may well bench them both and trot out Housh in my flex spot.

11. Blades of Vanatar

It's always when your having that crazy week, when the engine finally dies in your college car that you're so attached to you just don't want to get rid of it, when the dreaded Thursday game comes along and because your so busy, you forget to change your lineup. Crap!:(

12. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    ??? Unless you were starting one of the QBs from last night you did fine. Both RBs had very good games, and they should never have been taken out of your starting lineup anyway. Who did you start/sit that you didn't want to?

13. Blades of Vanatar

I started LT & Stewart at RB. With Moats, Mendenhall and R.Grant(I was able to p/u him on tuesday morning. Should of set the lineup then, but things got chaotic this week.) Also have Boldin stuck in my lineup. Ocho and Driver are fine, but I could of added S.Moss or T.O. instead. I did have the Bears Def yesterday, but that sure didn't bring many points. Hopefully Brees can carry me this week. My opponent has McNabb, A. Peterson and R.Wayne. Should be a tough week.

14. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    What kind of wied Yahoo league are you running? I use Yahoo in one of my leagues, and I'm certainly allowed to continue changing my starters up until game time Sunday. Now obviously, you cannot change active/bench status of players who have already played, but that's a really wierd league rule if you cannot make changes to guys who are not playing until Sunday. Every week there are guys who are game time decisions, and how are you supposed to make decisions that early? I'd seriously re-evaluate your league rules after the season. There's no advantage gained by anyone by waiting until Sunday to finalize rosters, but there are serious disadvantages to anyone with a questionable player on their roster.

15. Blades of Vanatar

The linups must be in before noon ECT of the 1st gameday of the week. This week was Thrusday. That has been the rule of every league I have ever played in for the past 15 or so years.

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Just to stick to examples I'm using this year, which include ESPN, Yahoo, and NFL.com - all of them allow you to continue to make lineup changes to guys who do not play on Thursday up until game time Sunday.

In fact, all of those sites allow you to make changes for Monday games up until game time Monday. (For example, say the Eagles played on Monday night, and they didn't announce until right before the game who was starting between Westbrook and McCoy. Provided you owned both players, you could do the switch right before game time.)

And the noon deadline is also silly if the first game is a night game. I can understand if those were the rules you used 15 years ago. There have been several technological improvements that have come along since then.

17. Blades of Vanatar

That's not entirely correct. All of them allow you to set your league up with different variables for when your lineup's need to be submitted, your scoring system, draft order, etc. They are not set in stone. The league I currently play in, which I am NOT the commish of, is setup as I described. Though we voted on the setup, it really doesn't matter to me what the rules are, aslong as there is nothing crazy in there. Aslong as no one can benefit over another with our current setup, that's all that counts for me. I was merely pointing out the irony and trying to draw a few chuckles. :)

18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    OK - it's just that you made it sound like that there wasn't any other way to do it, when you said it's been like that for all 15 years you've been playing FF. I was just saying that there are a lot of sites that let you switch up to an hour before game time for anyone who hasn't played yet, and they have that as the default option.

I went 2-1 this weekend. I'm looking really good in two leagues, with 7 wins in both, and my playoff hopes are fading fast in the 3rd league, where I'm just 5-5.

19. Blades of Vanatar

LT and Stewart both scored twice this week and Boldin had 8 catches for 105 yds. So, it worked out in the long run. I already won my matchup this week, beating the guy just ahead of me in the standings, but a 4-6 record is looking bleak, though I am still alive for the playoffs. I need to win out, so here's to hoping!

20. Blades of Vanatar

Well, well. Still only one game out of the playoff race with some nice thrashing of my opponent this week. Brees, S.Rice, LT, TG and Mendenhall all racking up some nice pts for me. Even my kicker dropped me a double digit! The 2 above me in the rankings are my next 2 opponents. So, I get to decide my own fate.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.