1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fallen Ranger/Cleric bug

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Loge, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Loge Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I made a ranger, dualled her at level 6 to cleric (for roleplaying purposes, not powergaming). Then, when I reached level 7 in cleric I killed the halfling innkeeper, party reputation dropped by 3 and my active class changed to fallen ranger. I was automatically levelled to fallen ranger 7 and all my cleric spells and abilities were retained (including the druid spells gained as a ranger). The only thing lost was the racial enemy and the tracking/charm animal skills. Then, I did the same thing with a level 30 cleric and the results were the same - he was instantly levelled to fallen ranger 30 and he retained all his cleric abilities (and levels). I have version 1.42 installed (trials of the luremaster). I haven't seen this bug mentioned anywhere. Did it happen to anyone else?

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

So you mean it is a good thing happened to you? Strange!

3. Loge Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

It is a good thing from a powergaming point of view. It is a bad thing if you want a fallen ranger/cleric (dual-class) that doesn't unbalance the game. I forgot to mention that if the party leader is good you will have to kill two townpersons for the bug to happen. I tested this bug with 4 different ranger/clerics, 3 dualled to cleric at ranger level 6 and 1 at ranger level 13 (3 chaotic good and 1 lawful good with different stats). All had their cleric level bigger than the ranger level when they became fallen rangers. I also have the tracking skill enabled. I didn't use dale keeper.

4. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I don't want to resurrect a dead thread but I just had this happen to me. I was going to post about it but it seems somebody else already found this out... a long time ago.

Anyway, I was a Ranger 2/ Cleric 13 when I decided to murder the mage in Kuldahar. I received a 4 point reputation penalty for my actions. This caused my Cleric to "level up". Really, he became a Fallen Ranger 13/ Cleric 13. He gained 4 proficiency points to make all my weapons **. He also gained about 50 Hitpoints, a good amount of Thac0, and his saves were awesome! I don't really see what he lost except the ability to use "Ranger only" equipment (I was no longer able to equip the "Rogue's Cowl"). He did not gain the ability to cast Druid spells though.

5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Does fallen ranger status change your alignment in your character record?

6. starfox64 Gems: 12/31

Veteran

No, my character was still Chaotic Good.

7. starfox64 Gems: 12/31

Veteran

It appears this also causes the character to become multi- classed as the Fallen Ranger/Cleric. I now gain XP in both classes.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.