1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fable

Discussion in 'Playground' started by reepnorp, Sep 17, 2004.

1. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I got Fable a couple of days ago, and I can definately say it lives up to the hype in my mind. Any of you guys have it yet, have it preordered or whatnot?

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

What's the average price? I can't really afford to dish out £40 a game these days, £30 maybe.

3. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You can buy it off Amazon for £30 exactly with free delivery.

I can't wait for my copy, have it pre-ordered, ooh yes.

So what sort of character are you going for at the moment reepnorp? Mage, fighter?

4. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm using a good fighter. The games awesome, you can even buy your own shop! (If you kill everyone inside, that is... :evil: )

5. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Oh booy, why can't next month just hurry the HELL up?!

6. The Kilted Crusader

I have thirty quid rounded up (Would have had more, but my bursary hasn't come in yet, and I spent lots on bus and train fares). Gonna head over to Amazon and check this beast out :) .

Heh, comes out on my Birthday.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

i don't suppose its gonna come out on PS2? Its the only console I own (aside from the PS1) and I don't think I'd want to play this game on PC :/ oh, a bit off-topic, but I'm looking for a new PC game to play, you guys got any suggestions? (Obviously a game that we DON'T usually discuss :p )

8. Gehn Gems: 7/31

Afraid it's not coming out on PS2, at-least to my knowledge anyway.

A good p.c game eh, well If you haven't already got it, i reccommend Thief 3: The deadly shadows, it's about the only credible game out on p.c at the mo.

9. The Kilted Crusader

I wouldn't think the PS2 would have the power to play it, unless they tune the graphics down a fair bit.

10. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@ Enagonios

Fallout! It is a beautiful thing.

And just for the hell of it, a game that we discuss, ToEE has been rocking with the patches.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Arg, haven't been this frustrated since I learned that the Zelda series was Nintendo exclusive :mad: (hehe yes im kinda slow, took me a while to figure that out :p )

@Rednik

Should I start at 1 and then play through til tactics? or should I go straight to 2 or something? As re: ToEE, really? Maybe I should check it out. I never picked it up bec of all the bugs..

12. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'm considering selling my PS2, and buying an X-Box just so I can play this game.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Seriously? That sounds insane dude. Tell me how it works out, if its worth it I may follow suit :p

14. Rednik Gems: 21/31

@ Enagonios

Go with Fallout 1 and then 2, and just skip FO:T and the Brotherhood of Steel thing for PS2, because they are sort of lame.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Ok, thanks, but I decided to go with your other suggestion and picked up ToEE earlier today. planning to solo with a human fighter. doable?

16. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hmm... Will or will Fable not come out for the PC? That other XBox port *cough* Morrowind *cough* absolutely rocked.
    If so, does anyone know:
    When is it due for release;
    What will be the system specs;
    Where is a good website about (the PC version of, if there's any difference) Fable?
    Thankies, Hugo
    :borg:

17. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Doubt that that's doable, unless you recruit some NPC's right along the way. I'm stuck on the final battle on the bottom floor of the temple, and that's hardly doable with six chars, including prince thrommel.

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah word. ill use a 5man CG party my 1st time through then

19. reepnorp

Media:
    Wow. This is one short game. I finished it after a grand total of 12 hours of gameplay. Thats kind of disappointing.

20. The Kilted Crusader

Just 12 hours! Man, that is disappointing...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.