1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Extremely powerful Cavalier ( SPOILER )

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sol'torg, Nov 26, 2000.

1. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I must agree with Vile. A high enough mage has at his disposal the ABILITY to kill just about anything. Hypothetically, given that the characters were some distance apart, the mage would only have to get off a single imprisonment, or a time stop and then an imprisonment, etc.

I also agree that it depends upon the circumstances. Surely a backstabbing high level thief could take down 100 wild elephants at once, but this is only because he has a starting advantage (being hidden). If a mage is 100 yards away, you can say the same thing. All of the characters have distinct advantages, and often the determining factor in a good fight is simply distance.

I've been asked before (as I'm sure many others have) about what the best character is. I put this in a category of questions that can't be answered. The way I put it is A>B>C>A. Besides, the game is about the journey. As a wise man once said, "..A conclusion is just when someone decided to stop thinking." Alot of people like it when they finally win, the game is finally over and they reap the spoils of victory. I however, wish I could do more, test different characters, and play through new scenarios. I live for expansions.

Just my opinion... I may be wrong... I could be missing something... Probably not... but maybe...

Amon-Ra

2. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Amon-Ra: AGREED!

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] All right, lets fix it: what I wanted to say is that any character class, once high leveled, has the ability to fight efficient, though fighters and wizards excell there, no doubt.

By the way, it is possible to backstab with a katana, at least if you´re a fighter-thief.

Anyone found a tactic to use traps to his advantage?

4. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Actuall, a mage at that level could have its simulacrum cast simulcrum again, make all three cast mirror image and it would be hard to hit anything.
    [edit[it also could summon hundreds of monsters so your pc would lag like hell, then eventually crash, that counts as winning.[/edit[

[This message has been edited by Septic Yogurt (edited November 30, 2000).]

5. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

So far my mage have only tried casting simulacrum only once but the clone is only at a fraction of the original self, meaning it can only cast low level spells (simulacrum for the clone is unattainable even at the max mage level of 17). So the clone cannot make another clone. Don't know if the original can cast multiple simulacrums, though.

As for summoned creatures, the game only allows you a maximum of five - and this includes imprisoned creatures! I found out this when I tried sending sacrificial bears/kobolds/skeletons to appease the new improved, demilich Kangaxx ;)

6. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I think what Septic was hinting at was a high level wizard/sorcerer with the XP cap removed. Surly, a level 40 mage could cast a simulacrem that could cast a simulacrem...etc. More targets, more spells, more damage/protection, more annoyance.

7. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

O, and a load of spells a mage/sorcereer can cast do 1/2 damage at save, so the cavalier could fall.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.