1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Evil

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by DarkCroll, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Apology accepted. My sense of humor really isn't that great, I must confess :p Seems we both got e-mail from the same person, I suspected it wasn't you but I really didn't care or have enough time to decipher that 'u r sux0rz' crap. Only thing I understood about that abuse of english language was that the person thought he was special for having finished BG in one day with one character. I find soloing incredibly boring but let the kiddo have his fun and we can put this silly matter to rest like the reasonable adults we are ;)

2. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Fine with me Volar. Just to be sure you wanted to read those apologies I sent an E-mail reitering it. Happy to see everything is fine now.

On the other hand what I really meant about the flaming fist:
    I really like to role-play when I'm playing BG. I also really like to be evil in BG. So, regarding this, the idea of a little fight with the local milicia is fun. What I do after that kind of fight is that I immediatly go to a temple to do a little donation to bring back my rep to at least 4.

Ironbeard: About the money problem:
    I was serious when I said I always have too much money and by the end of BG1 I'm always over 80 000 gp...
    But I have too say: by being mostly evil I pick-pocket a lot and kill a lot of people that have interresting thing I can can sell (not only Drizzt but He's the most worth it !!).
    ****The other evil thing that make me get rich****
    Also, I always sell the ring of wizardry and steal it back. And I do that with a lot of stuff that is expensive (well all expensive stuff that I want to keep in my equipment. Even the stuf I buy!!!I sell it in a store where I can steal and steal it back)....I know it is evil. And that is why you have a lot of money while being evil...

3. crockhunker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] im an evil person but every time i try to be evil i get killed. :rollyes: :eek: ;eek;

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Okay, I apologise for being too defensive. I'm rubbish at the game, figure that that's symptomatic of a deeper stupidity, and have a tendency to get defensive when people start calling things easy. btw I did once play a fighter called "Andrew the Peasant" ;)
    to really roleplay, I'd have needed to waste his money on beer so he could only have really basic equipment, and only fight when drunk - suffice to say, I didn't bother and went and gave him magic swords and everything anyway.

5. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hahahahaha !!
    Andrew the Peasant...Are you serious? I'm at the office sit here and laughing all alone...

BTW: I really forgot that I stole everything when I play evil, that was I've been so categoric when I said I always have too much money...

Even funnier fact: when I'm good I don't steal so I have less money than evil...But anybody could find a reason to steal while being good...That would mean no money problem at all !!!

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I am serious, he was the first guy I played right through with. I knew nothing about the plot, so I was thinking along the lines of mega cliche "No!!! My farm is being destroyed by orcs....I shall take up my pitchfork and take revenge."
    6 months later "Hey, I'm getting kinda good at this, and have managed to find a magic sword and armour."
    I was greatly disappointed that agricultural implements weren't a weapons catgory (had my heart set on running over beasties in a Combined Engine of Harvesting +3) and never bothered holding back on the equipment or only fighting while drunk. Maybe I thought that the untrained peasantcharacter would excuse my inability to play the game :D

7. DarkCroll Banned

evil rox ok!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.