1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ever enjoy cheating?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Takara, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I was thinking about playing some of my old games, and I got to wondering. Are there games that you play which you always enjoy more when you cheat? I generally dont like to cheat at games. They always seem much more fun when I play through properly. However, there are a few exceptions, where I always have much more fun cheating.

The most notable one for me is syndicate. I just like running around with all weapons at my disposal, and blasting everything in site. Other than that, I always enjoyed Dune 2 when I cheated, more than when playing normally.

So, do you have any games of this sort?

2. Cespypoo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Uh huh!

Postal 2 - Walkin around with 999 ammo for tazer, and a napalm launcher makes it v fun

Half Life - GodMode and crowbarring everything in sight or just usin it to blitz through the game easy

Doom3 - All weapons makes the beginnin way more fun. But only cheat after completed it normally

BG2 and BG2 ToB - Cos im rubbesh, and wanted to see the plot of them.

3. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

When a game gets tricky, it's fun to use cheats, but I think the novelty wears off quite quick. I always like the chuffed feeling I get when I complete a game without cheats.

Then again, I don't think I've ever played Final Doom without God mode on :D .

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Depends on the game. Godmode cheats, and anything similar that makes you too powerful, suck. But cheats like "Dungeon Be Gone" in BG2, and other cheats/mods that get rid of an annoyance or minor inconvenience, are ok by me. Same with cheats that speed things along that are otherwise tedious or boring. I may use a few Doom3 cheats once I beat it, but only a few. Like the duct tape mod, the Hello Kitty flashlight, etc. I don't think being able to see things I already know are coming is exactly "cheating," since I'm sure were I in that situation I could scrounge up a roll of duct tape or something. I mean it's reasonable to believe that space marines are at least as resourceful as cub scouts, no?

5. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I get a kick out of cheating in most games.

In first person shooters, it's fun to get instant ammo and health and blast through everything.

Strategy games it's somewhat less fun. Sometimes I do it when I'm losing just for the heck of it.

But it is not worth it to cheat in puzzle games. It is much more satisfying to solve the problem yourself. But sometimes you do get stumped, so cheating saves you the frustration.

6. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] I don't cheat in games, but does getting the Power Armor in the very beginning of FO2 count?

7. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

No more than me heading off to NCR to steal the bozars off the guards. :lol:

I find cheating more fun after I have beaten the game on my own. :thumb:

8. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Well, that's a measure of what your steal skill is. Getting to San Fran at the beginning is more a measure of who told you that in a walkthrough. It's not like the vault guy just kept heading south after being told to go to Klamath.

The armor is awesome though.

9. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Often I'll FPS with god-mode on for single player since most people quick-save all the time anyway, however that doesn't mean I run in guns blazing and laugh as their attacks do nothing. I actually play as if I didn't have god mode on. It just saves me from saving and reloading because I was caught by surprsie.

After completing Planescape: Torment I cheated every time simply to experience the most out of every situation (25 for every stat to get all the conversation options).

10. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Not really it isn't, with enough reloads you can steal it with about 10% in the stealing skill.

I cheated the final 2 levels of Settlers II, it became really difficult and I wanted to see the end. The BTW was a major dissapointment. A lousy pop up when you finally capture the gate and you don't get a movie or nothing.

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I cheat like crazy most of the time, especially in RTS games. Takes too much time and there is a risk of failure if you dont cheat and I hate losing, even against the AI. ;) One of the reasons I tend to cheat in RTS is that if I play on a level where I beat the computer without cheating it is boring but if I raise the level the computer kick my ass if I dont cheat so for maximum enjoyment I cheat on higher levels. ;)

I cheat a lot in RPG's as well but only after I have run through them atleast once uncheated, in a good RPG you can get a wicked godlike feeling if you cheat like crazy and you can contempously vaporize anything sent against you. Heck, a simple death spell against a troop of orcs in BG2 is extremely satisfying. Yes, I am a megalomaniac.

12. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I suck *really* bad at FPS and RTS, and I don't have the patience to become good (since I don't play them online). Thus I cheat them. Not worrying about dying didn't make me enjoy doom any less because I got pleasure out of being shocked and blasting things.

13. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Jedi Knight cheats rule. You can spawn some fun stuff to play around with. Other than that, I dislike cheating. Like to earn things myself, keeps me playing you know...

14. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

g_saberRealisticCombat = 1 is by far the best Jedi Knight II 'cheat'.

15. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

the only game i really cheat in (on a constant basis) is Europa Universalis 2, where I use the "no rebels" cheat. I hate having to fight nearly constant civil wars and I'm not yet good enough to avoid them...although I am getting better, so maybe some day, I don't have to cheat in that game :)

16. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I rarely cheated, and on the few occasions I did it was always because I had gotten too bored with the game to finish it normally, so I didn't feel I had diminished my enjoyment of it in any way.

But I don't like to cheat in the games I like.

17. Rednik Gems: 21/31

I had to cheat to beat Jedi Knight 2, I feel so guilty, but those Cyborg Jedis were just so hard.... :(

18. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Does using the code on Vigilante 8: Second Offense to unlock the levels from the first game count? Seriously, that and the Saber Realistic Combat are the only cheats that I'd use every single time I play their games.

And, in a way, if you think about it, Realistic saber combat isn't really a cheat, since it also applies to the Dark Jedi. And it's not like the stormtroopers had a chance without it...

19. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hmm, I enjoyed cheating in Goldeneye more then anything else I think. Vice City was good with cheats too.

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Grand Theft Auto for sure - no fun without them ;)

However, most games grow boring with cheats on

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.