1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

European Championship!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by joacqin, May 27, 2008.

1. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

Picture was out in Ireland and the UK as well. Well, it was intermittent. Missed chunks of it, including the second Germany goal. At the end they had the picture but no commentary. Was pretty weird as they had the post game analysts talking but they didn't even make much of a hash at trying to follow the game.

Must say I was impressed by the Turks, I thought Germany would win easily but in the end they barely scraped through. I still fancy them to win the final though. Spain and Russia both strike me as being brittle. Really looking forward to tomorrow's match though, both teams do play beautiful football.

2. Déise

That was a great match tonight, Spain were really impressive and played some beautiful football. Give them a bit of space and you can't get the ball back of them. Shame for Russia, but they were clearly outclassed. Italy look slightly better now as the only team so far not to be rolled over by the Spanish.

I thought Senna played really well tonight, he really does a good job of covering the defence for all the playmakers they have in midfield.

So, Germany vs Spain for the final. I've a sneaking suspicion we might see a replay of the Germany Portugal match. I hope so too, that was a great game.

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Spain got a grip and it seemed like the Russians were already satisfied. Spain is a better team with better players and better form than Germany. That just makes me believe even more in Germany.

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Sweden wasn't either. We lost by a goal a minute from stoptime; we weren't rolled.

5. Déise

Gah! Forgot about that match. Sorry, obviously Sweden did well in that match.

6. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hmm, Spain is doing quite well at the half-time. Things slowed down around the end of the first half, but for the most part it was quite good - fast-paced attacks and counterattacks that made it risky for both goalies.

Edit:

Spain is the new European football champion.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Ouch, that was an awful match. I didn't like it one bit. Spain deservedly won, as sad as it is to say that.

8. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Awful?? Only a German can say so :) Never seen a bigger difference between the two final teams. So much beautiful football from the Spanish team, thanks!

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Of course. And I have to correct my statement. It is not that Spain deservedly won. It is so that Germany deservedly lost. Emphasis is important.

It was at times so as if our team was grateful for the Spaniards to take the ball and play the game. 'Great! Nothing to decide! Now I only need to chase that Spaniard!' They were so darn clueless. Obviously, they can do better. It is just that they lack nerves. Bleh.

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Germany played terrible... it's that simple... Spain was by far the better team and deserved to win. I expected more from the germans, especially in the last 15 minutes. And I don't say this because I'm dutch... :)

11. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    But reputations do have an origin.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.