1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ethnic Cuisine

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Splunge, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Nior, you missed two of my favourites: Malaysian and Vietnamese. I'm also a big fan of Indonesian and Thai cooking.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I haven't eaten anything Japanese yet... for some reason. However, I very much enjoy Indian food, Thai food, Chinese food... A couple of Arabic or Turkish dishes that I've eaten.

Greek cuisine is nice, Spanish cuisine is great. Italian is much to my liking... Mexican, yeah... French much less so. OK, French breakfast rules. And vegetable-based dishes. But that's it.

Never eaten anything British, American, Irish, Russian, Scandinavian... for some reason.

Some Polish dishes are great. "Pierogi z kapustą i grzybami", which is kind of big tortellini with sauerkraut and mushroom (boiled, of course). Well, all kinds of such things rule. Some soups that I can't translate into English are also good. Polish cakes are great... Polish girls are quite tasty. That is, if they aren't too salty or too sweet. That would be it.

3. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

They count as ethnic cuisine?
    Count me in! But perhaps the Scandinavian variety is better.

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I have to say that italian food is pretty good. Food like pizza, spaghetti, lasagne, and others belong to my TOP-10 :D

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Second that. Italian all the way.

6. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Wow, lots of entries from the East. I with you, but it's hard to pick a favorite. My favorite specific restaurants are Thai, Mandarin and Japanese. But Indian ranks really high too (they closed my favorite Indian place, though). I grew up on Mexican, so I guess that doesn't count as "ethnic" for me, but I like it a lot too. No one has mentioned Brazilian, but there was a wonderful Brazilian place I used to love.

There are also some ethnic foods I really dislike, such as Jamaican (too greasy, too many pieces of bone, etc.) or, even worse, Ethiopian (way too sour, and that bread is gross).

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Some exchange could be arranged... :D :lol:

8. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I like real chinese (not the flavor enhanced food you get in most chinese restaurants here), indian and greek food.

Scandinavian food is quite scary, if you ask me. Sweet, purple sausages (which probably glow in the dark), sweet mustard and lots of fish. All with tons of preservatives.

9. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well, i like an italian pizza with cheese, salami, tomato sauce, and some pepper sprayed on it :p

10. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Definately Italian.

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Fabius:
    Agreed! One of our clients is a Chinese group who has monthly meetings at a chinese restaurant, and I get to attend the meetings. They order the "authentic" food, of course, and I have really come to appreciate the cuisine. Plus, I've become pretty good at using chopsticks! :D

12. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Lucky you, Splunge. If I'd try that here, the waiter would probably stare at me thinking "What the heck?" and bring me the regular german chinese food.

I'd be already be happy if they'd leave out that glutamat. It makes all the dishes taste the same.

13. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] Chinese, Mexican, Italian... It's all good. But don't underrate the trump card... A great steak. Medium rare, with some sauteed mushrooms and onions, mmmmmmm...

Oh man, now I'm getting hungry.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.