1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Enter the Matrix

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Arabwel, May 11, 2003.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, you all know that I am a total Matrix freak so the fact that I will be getting the game should be obvious as well. Buut I am interested in will any of you get the game? It will be AWESOME! With all the motion caputre, bullet time, heck, at one point yuou'll be faced with a nice black computer screen with no directuions of any kind.... Welcome to the Matrix. I am getting this one. :D

Ara
    (Not coherent... who cares)

2. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

In five days!

3. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

It looks great :D

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Should be a great game.

Just think...Max Payne...with kung-fu!

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I will get it for suuurrreeee, and beside you will understand the story of Matrix Reload better!
    :D

6. Shura Gems: 25/31

Played it!

Great game, though the driving parts weren't so nice.

7. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I'm always worried about getting such games.
    At most times they screw them up mightly :p

The movie's a succes and they get some more money from the game... quality doesnt matter as long as fans buy it.

Companies killed many, many games who *could* be really great, with great story and public interest behind.
    The newest and one of the most awful quickly-made money making games is X-men: Wolverine's revenge.
    X-men story is GREAT for a game(all the super-powers :eek: ). Its the best concept for a game IMO.
    But what did they do???
    Blew up the whole game totaly needlesly only in hunger for money regardless of angry customers and bad name for the future titles (if there will be any).

I just hope Matrix wont be such a dissapopintment. So far it looks quite fine, as not many would make a game on 6cd-s. Many movies than, thats encouraging ;)

8. Shura Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] Don't worry, Gothmog. Enter the Matrix is a solid title with excellent gameplay and a heavy 'cool' and 'wow' factor. The feeling you get running on walls and flipping off ceilings while avoiding the tons of lead thrown at you by SWAT teams and using the Focus function to move so fast and hit so hard that your first victim will still be hanging in midair reeling from your blow by the time you start whaling on the last guy.

When an Agent appears and you empty an entire assualt rifle at his face to no effect, you tuck your tail between your legs and begin running. Of course, the really stupid could engage them in hand to hand combat. (BTW, you can't play as Neo in this game so fighting an Agent is a really suicidal move).

The nervous tension when an Agent chases you, trying to blast a hole in the back of your skull is priceless. You actually feel like you're a Matrix character, fleeing for your life.

Great game, overall.

9. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My brother got the game, but I wont play it intill I see the movie first.

10. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Played it .. loved it!

I've always loved the Matrix universe and it isn't more than five days since I saw AniMatrix (9 episodes with background stories etc). It was really neat seeing that they get that tape in the game that they send in "Final flight of Osiris". I recommend playing this before the seeing the movie. I haven't seen the movie myself but I have heard that it adds alot when watching the movie.

And... There's a Kung fu mod for Max Payne called "Max Payne: Kung Fu Edition 3.0" It's pretty cool and definetly worth a look.

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Sorry to revive an old topic, But creating a new about this while their is already one opened is kind of stupid...

Anyway does somebody know the minimum Spec for the PC version I couldn't find them on www.enterthematrixgame.com

[ June 01, 2003, 21:40: Message edited by: Dungeon_Master ]

12. Sadistic Butcher Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

13. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Duh, I played it. It's a normal game, could be better, fighting scenes seems cool in the beginning but it gets boring.And it's too easy.
    Only worth your money if you want to know what has happened between Final Flight of Osiris and Reloaded.
    Really standart.I expected something better.

14. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

To easy? Stop playing your game on Easy ok? Trying playing it on Hard if you want the game hard that's what the hard mode is for. Now if the hard mode was a F***ing cake walk then I can see your point...

15. Khelben Gems: 15/31

Yeah I know that hard mode is supposed to be hard thanks.
    The problem is it's still not godlike hard you only load twice or thrice.
    And it's still easy when compared to other games you wait a little while and 100 health, WTF!
    EDIT: LoL! Playing in easy? You really don't know me dude!

16. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Wait around for 100% health? If it's so easy then impose your own limits. I will agree that it is easy but it's not easy like DMC2. I died a couple times on my first playthough of ETM and I don't really care if the game is easy if it's still fun then great, DMC2 was not fun because it was so easy and the gameply was ****, ETM rather was an enjoyable game even though it's not as hard as shinobi on super, quit *****in and enjoy the game...

17. Khelben Gems: 15/31

BAH!
    It's not a bad game, but I said that it wasn't really good as the productors has exaggerated. With a good plot like this and cool fighting ideas, I wonder how couldn't they made a better game.I think it's about playing the games while watching the film thing.

18. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Extremely hyped and ultimatly dissapointing game.

19. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Which would you prefer, Enter the Matrix, or, say, Splinter Cell?

20. Khelben Gems: 15/31

Even though the type of those games are not same types, I prefer stealth action since I played Thief and choose Splinter Cell.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.