1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Endless air elementals

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Belfalas, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Belfalas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

so i just jumped down into the UD and first thing i find is an endless supply of exp in the form of air elemtals and a gate?

wtf over, infinite 7k exp or am i just a little premature at thinking 7 is infinite

[ December 05, 2004, 10:54: Message edited by: Beren ]

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    they aren't infinate. There is a set number at that gate, the same as there are a set number at the Earth gate, and fire elemental gate.

These gates are used in conjunction with a quest, but it's best to clear them first.

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

There are a large number of Air, Fire and Earth Elementals at their respective gates. They are part of a quest.
    They are not infinite.

4. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Neat, I didn't know that they stop either. So around how many are there? Ten? A hundred? I usually run away before the number of elementals got to double digits.

5. Takara

Media:
    I think there is about 10-12.

6. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Really?!? I have gone through the UD 4-5 times and never did occur to me that they ceased after a set amount of kills, does n e one know the name of the quest that these three portals are for?

7. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

I can't remember the name of the quest, but if you use a Freedom scroll from the nearby Duergar merchant, a wizard appears nearby and asks you to help him.

8. Shrikant

More like 15-20 of those critters each. By the time my Kensai/Mage, Minsc and Keldron were finished with them the floor was littered with all kinds of shapes.
    You need to talk to the third Druegar standing behind the merchant. He will tell you the story. Then cast the Freedom scroll in the vicinity to begin the quest.

9. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Nice, I shall give it a go next time I'm walking through :D which will probably be some time next week after I finish BGI for the 20th time... :rolling:

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ah, what level of difficulty are you guys playing on? Im using the normal difficulty (the default), and I only get one elemental coming out of the portal. It happens for all of them. Why?

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The 'endless' (I ran away before seeing if they'd stop of their own accord) Air Elementals came out before doing that wizard guys starting messing with the portals. Once he started doing his stuff, a one Greater Air Elemental came out.

12. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Oh, alrighty, thanks. I have never approached them before finding the wizard, i bought the scroll first.

13. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

I actually got caught in a rough situation when I started this quest...as soon as the wizard got near the portals, the Elementals would start charging out and start attacking him before he could even start doing his thing. I always figured they were infinite, so I didn't bother taking them out before starting the quest. :doh:

14. Shrikant

Only one Elemental emerges at a time. So I never saw any problem ganging up on them and beating the nine hells out of them. Considering you should have faced atleast one drow patrol by now, your AC is maximum possible anyway. So why did you guys run away?

15. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

Afraid of the dark?

16. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    They still come out of the portals during the quest if you've cleared them or not. I think the number is random as mine only let me have three on the air gate, then seventeen on the earth gate. It is still a very nice place to get some exp if you came straight to UD as quickly as possible. Later on it's pretty pitiful.

17. Takara

Media:
    If I clear them first, I've never had more come out after starting the quest. Only the greater elemental guardian.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.