1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

EMI -- Help for Spellbound when She's Stuck

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Spellbound, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Keep blowing that whistle at each stone and ask the parrots for directions.
    You won't actually SEE the bronze hat. Maybe general Casaba can help you with that....?
    If you know what he's up to...

2. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I never get the question dialogue to come up with the parrots. I've summoned them a few times at different rocks and I get an assortment of questions to ask them, but never anything about which direction to take. Any ideas?

3. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Did you talk to the pirate on the beach long enough to get him to tell you it was under a rock? It sounds like you have an unset global varible.

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Dont forget to get one of those parrots drunk..

The secret ingredients of Grog:
    sulphur
    kerosine
    gasoline
    red dye no 5 :hmm:
    battery acid
    and red peppers :D

5. Spellbound

Capt. Tripps -- Yes, you were right. I didn't ask the question about his father, of which his answer confirmed that Guy could take the hat if discovered. Once that occurred, I went back to the beach and the direction dialogue appeared with the truth-telling parrot. Finally got the hat! Thanks!!

Edit: I'm now in the lava boat. Have the milk bottle, but can't find the puddle to push the tree. I don't even see a puddle! :bang:

[ December 23, 2002, 03:44: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Did you go to the mountain with the three holes and small boulders that you drop into them? You need to solve that puzzle before there is a lava pool.

7. Spellbound

Damn! I thought I had figured out the boulder thing. Here's what I did:

1. Threw boulder into right canal. When it hit the little tree...

2. Threw boulder into middle canal. When it hit the little tree....

3. Threw boulder into left canal. When it hit the little tree...

4. Threw boulder AGAIN into the left canal.

I had made a few mistakes earlier, where the boulder hit the canyon once and then the beach. Then I finally got the walkthrough and followed the sequence. But do I need to reload the sequence and start from the beginning?

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No, I don't believe you have to restart. If you do it correctly, a boulder should fly to the lava stream and block it off to form a pool. Timing in this rock puzzle is everything, just like the flaming boat and chopsticks when you got the picture in that restaurant.

[ December 23, 2002, 20:52: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

9. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Ah the boulder puzzle, takes me back to MI1 where you could sink your own ship with a boulder.. oops :D

10. Spellbound

Ack!!! I *cannot* get the timing right on this puzzle! I've tried over 20 times and nothing happens! First, I let go of a boulder just as the previous one hits the tree -- and do that for all of them. Then I tried to release it just *after* they hit the trees....then I tried just *before* they hit the trees. Man, who do they think the players of these games are anyways?? :bang:

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Pick up a rock (Rock A) from the pile of big rocks and throw it in the right canal. Pick up another rock (Rock B) right away and get ready to throw it in the middle canal. (Highlight the option "Throw rock at canal in the middle of the cliff", but don't press Enter). When the first rock (Rock A) passes branch 1 (The branch shakes) throw rock B in the middle canal.

Pick up another rock (Rock C) right away and get ready to throw it in the left canal. (Highlight the option "Throw rock at canal in the left side of the cliff", but don't press Enter). When the second rock (Rock B) passes Branch 2 (The branch shakes) throw rock C in the left canal. Rock C will now hit Rock B and guide it in another canal.

Pick up another rock (Rock D) right away and get ready to throw it in the left canal. (Highlight the option "Throw rock at canal in the left side of the cliff", but don't press Enter). When the second rock (Rock B) passes Branch 3 (The branch shakes) throw rock D in the left canal.

Rock A will now come out of a hole and hit Rock B, which will guide it in another canal. Rock D will then hit rock B above the middle exit and they will both go off the ramp. One of the rocks will land in the lava field.

I can't explain it better. If this doesn't work, then maybe there is something wrong with you, or your game, or we are all wrong.
    Good luck

12. Spellbound

Thanks very much... it worked fine.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.