1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Elwithral's History

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Okay everyone, this is a rough draft of Elwithral's history. I did it all in one night, plus I only have 8 years of schooling. Comments and suggestions are needed.

" But Mingano, my love! You cannot leave! " Tiriyen screamed at the celestial being, " We
    still have a full life to live! Who will be the father of this babe?! "

" I am truly sorry, my love. When your life fades, mine will be prominent. Your love for me will soon be a weak one, and the babe shall not want me as a father, " Mingano looked away from Tiriyen, " Besides, my place is not here. I belong with the gods. I am sorry. I will always love you, and this babe. " And at that moment, the celestial disappeared into the moonlight off the balcony. Tiriyen fell to her knees, and sobbed into her hands. She would always love the babe as well.

" Mother, wake up!, Wake up you! Come on, we have to get to the palace! " the young boy shook his mother, " Mother! Come on! Lady Ellesime has an announcement!! "

Tiriyen awoke from her meditation only to find her beloved son on top of her, shaking her to wake up. " Okay, okay, I'm awake! " She gave him a stern look, making his smile fade, then smiled at him and gave him a big hug. " Okay then, let's get ready!" Tiriyen got up from bed, stretched and looked over at Elwithral's perfectly made bed. She glanced at Elwithral, who was making breakfast in his full ceremonial attire. "Silly boy! You can't make breakfast in your robes! You go clean up our bedroom a bit and I'll make this breakfast. "

Elwithral just loved going to the palace. Tiriyen just thought it was because he had a tiny
    infatuation with Ellesime. She was beautiful after all. Tiriyen feared that he loved Ellesime more. Of course, Tiriyen would pass first, Ellesime had the Tree of Life. Elwithral would live longer than
    Ellesime although. His father was a celestial, giving him an unnatural length of life. But in the 8 years since Mingano had left, she had not told Elwithral about his celestial roots, and wasn't planning on it for a long time. And she had given no clues either, she had given him her last name. Luckily for her, he had never asked about his father.

Tiriyen got dressed in her ceremonial robes, and they left the house for the palace. When they arrived, the place was packed with elves. They found a seat reserved for their noble name, Irenicus. After chatting with each other, all of the elves came to attention as Ellesime entered the hall.

" Greetings my subjects! I welcome you to my humble palace. As you all know, our current High Council is growing old, " she said warmly, as the crowd chuckled , " and the time for a new High Council is fast approaching. So, the reason I called you all here is to announce that the training for the High Council is beginning soon, " the crowd erupted in hushed converstion, " And, the age range for this year is 15 - 50, " Elwithral sighed, " As you should expect, not everyone who trains will be chosen. The training will last for 60 years, and the Council will be chosen after that 60 years. Some of the Council may still be remaining at that time, but only time will tell. Sign - ups will commence after this announcment. There is a table where the Council will be accepting entries. When you go to the table, you must present the entry's name, mother's name, father's name, any important skills, experience, and what they will bring to the High Council. So, my fine elves, that is all. "

All was silent untill Ellesime left the hall, and then there was a rush to the table and doors. Tiriyen rose to leave, but noticed Elwithral with his head down. "Come on, dear, " he didn't budge, " Oh no, what's wrong? "

" I'm not old enough to enter! I want to be a High Councillor, " he whispered through tears, " I want to live with Ellesime and talk to her. " He put his head back down.

" Well, If it''ll make you feel better we'll write down those things on a sheet of paper and pass them in to the council, " she paused, " Okay? "

" *sniff* Mhm. "

Tiriyen pulled out a sheet of parchment from her bag, and placed it on her knee. " Okay
    then, first of all, " she said, as she took out a quill and ink, " We need your name, "

" That's easy! Elwithral Mingano Irenicus! " he said enthusiasticly.

" Good. Next, we have the mother's name, " she smiled at his confused look, " I know you
    know my first name, so here goes: Tiriyen Giallyu Irenicus. Next, fathe-- well, we'll do that later, " she was relieved after he didn't ask questions, " Okay, important skills.. let's see.. hmm.. "

" I can do magic! Watch! " he shot a few sparks from his fingertips (although not impressive for a full wizard, very impessive for a 7 year old with no training, and he uttered no words.) , " See, see! "

Tiriyen grinned, "Well then, first of all, magic, smart, and charismatic! " He nodded his head in approval. She wrote 'none whatsoever' for experience, and then, " How about 'what you will
    bring to the council'?"

" Oh that's easy! I will bring fun and peace! " He smiled wide. She grinned and put it
    down.

" Okay then dear, you're done! I'll pass this on, and you go play with the other children! " He ran off. Seeing that he was out of sight, she scribbled in Mingano for the father. She glanced
    around once more, then walked over to the desk.

She slipped it onto the table and jetted away.

[ April 25, 2006, 22:04: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A nice introduction.

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Merci Beaucoup!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.