1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Election 2004 - Live Coverage

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Harbourboy, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

[​IMG] Who needs CNN or Fox? I bet there are enough people right here on these Boards to provide up to the second coverage of the election results as they come in.

Right now, Bush appears to be leading so far by 39 votes to 3 although I think the states that have come in have been ones he was going to win anyway.

Hmm, this is quite exciting even though I don't really care who wins. It's a bit like watching sports (albeit a fairly dull sport - like lawn bowls).

2. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Hold on to your butts - Kerry is ahead: 77 - 66 EC votes - 270 to win!

Bush is back in the lead: 81 - 77 - Keep the faith, Harbour Boy. :)

We posted at the same time, RM. Yes, in fact I walked up to vote with my two girls, (in their twin stroller) and was back home in just 20 minutes.

[ November 03, 2004, 02:30: Message edited by: Chandos the Red ]

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Now it's showing Bush 81, Kerry 77. Of course, all this is meaningless until at least one swing state reports.

There was no line at my polling place, but about 200 people were waiting in line at the other polling station we passed on the way to dinner. The line was just as long when we were coming home...

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bush back in front 87 - 77. Go the Greens!

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Well, Jersey WAS a swingstate, not anymore though, they sided with Kerry.

6. Harbourboy

Any more swing states in? I have Bush ahead 155 to 112 now. Kerry will take California though won't he? That's worth 55.

7. Chandos the Red

Media:
    It looks as if, at this point, that Ohio and PA will be up to the lawyers and the Supremes. Huge disappointment. The Court is owned by the Republicans. But still hanging in there...

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I don't think that's going to happen. Most news reports are saying there aren't any big issues with voting or any of the polling places. In some counties in PA, voting has been extended due to long lines to vote. That shouldn't make it an issue to challenge in the courts, since anyone in line at the time the polls close can still vote.

We'll see....

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Now it seems like Bush wins both Ohio and Florida quite comfortable. I think we will have four more years of neo-fascism.

10. Harbourboy

Bush ahead 193 - 112. Can he be stopped from here?

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You gotta wait for the swing states to report in...Despite the seemingly wide margin right now, I think it's going to tighten up.

12. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yeah, and the entire west coast (incl. California's whopping 55 votes) will go Kerry...

13. Harbourboy

Wow, I never realised there were so many candidates. If you guys hate Bush and Kerry so much why don't you vote for some of these other characters instead? Or are they even worse?

It'll be a big anti-climax if we don't get a decisive result in this soon. I can't be bothered waiting until tomorrow.

Actually, the speed with which we can find out this information is quite amazing really.

14. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Thank you, Sir Bel - PA. You were right. But... the battleground states are still out there. 199, Kerry - 207, Shrub....

[ November 03, 2004, 05:04: Message edited by: Chandos the Red ]

15. Harbourboy

197 plays 188. Bring on those swingers! I wonder if Sorvo remembered to vote.

16. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Cheer up, fellas -- Ohio may be ahead for Bush now, but that's before counting Cincinatti and Cleveland.

17. Harbourboy

I've got 211 vs 188. I hope none of these news sites are getting it wrong. Some of them project the winner quite early with hardly any of the votes counted.

18. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Well, it's pretty obvious that Bush has won. Florida has sided with Bush, having him ahead by over 200,000 votes and Ohio has him in the lead by over 100,000.

I am sad to say that it's time to take out the old tickets to Canada and get the f*** out of here before the Christian right invades your home and forces you to go to Bob Jones University for mandatory re-education.

19. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

From here it looks like Bush 207 , Kerry 206. Close ballgame, although everything is tentative. I wonder if Fox will declare Bush the winner before the votes are all counted...

20. Rednik Gems: 21/31

First of all, never, EVER, listen to Fox News. Ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.