1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Eighth Dimension: #77 Heritage

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by 8people, Nov 8, 2010.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I started a bit of a pleading rant in the previous entry.

As I mentioned my grandma is the last living relative of her bloodline. All her children are Kings and she was an only child to a dwindling line. We got hold of an Aunt Cissy who was an aunt by marriage, a wonderful woman who should have had a longer life, my regrets were being unable to get to know her better.

My mother helped research in grandmas family tree, try and learn about our past, our heritage. We learnt that grandmas' ancestors were whitners, they owned a massive laundret in london and lived well on it with many employees. One of them went off to America for a brief time, coming home with a wife called Maria. We also know that another relative married a 'gypsy wanderer' but have no indication of gender or how long ago it was.

Initially we presumed Maria to be a mexican woman, the records of his travels in America were not detailed but hinted in being in the southern regions predominantly. Though doubt has been cast on this by finding information on natives of more nothern parts taking on spanish and french names. A bit like the native shame felt by the inuits and far nothern nations that adopted amalgamating names to fit in with the whites better. Problem is, as always, verification. Might explain my mothers long lived adoration of american aboriginals. She was always drawn to them since she was a little girl, one of the happiest moments of her life was an american couple holidaying in the UK asking if she was a descendant of a specific tribe/nation they were familiar with. She was so pleased she forgot to not down the NAME they said but that's my mother for you...

When I have disposable income I've been building up a book list to learn more on my Scots, Rom and possibly read up on other cultural links. Maybe I've just reached the age where you look back and try and find your place in the grander scheme of things, where you look really hard to find where you came from. Maybe it's losing the father figure in my life this year has wanted me to find more to my family. I don't know, I just know I want to know more about where I came from even though it's cost a small fortune to get the scant info we have so far.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.