1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Eighth Dimension: #65 Mercy

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by 8people, Jan 6, 2010.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've been pretty withdrawl lately, and it's bugging me.

Last few days my pain has got a lot worse, I've needed help doing every single thing, I can't stand up more often than not on my own. I needed help getting to university which meant Kev had to come to Southampton with me for one day.

My back keeps going so I'm ending up getting stuck for hours at a time, I don't have any painkillers that can handle it anymore so I've given up taking any.

I'm not getting much sleep because I can't even lie in any one position for any length of time which leaves me often waking up Kev by accident or having to move him carefully before I can try and settle down again.

My hips and shoulders are both refusing to stay in joint, so I can't sit up properly, I have to sit at an angle or lie down. I can't use crutches or push myself because of my shoulders leaving me walking on my own which means no support for if my hips slip out of joint.

So I'm pretty much left sitting in bed most the day, getting nothing useful done. Trying to keep cheerful when I'm around other people, trying not to ask for help all the time. Kev has been a star bless him, but he's worried about me. He's worried I'll push myself too far or do something stupid because this is bothering me so much and I get a little fierce when I have to give up and ask for help.

I've even avoided the bloody chatroom because I know I'll just end up whining :doh: I get tired just standing up, I've not been able to brush my own hair because my shoulders get stuck when I reach up or my muscles will go into a spasm and I just keep dropping the brush.

Where my problems don't just affect my joints where my joints are worse I'm also having difficulty with my hearing and eyesight more as well, I can't tell where sounds are coming from and can't hear people directly addressing me, I had trouble at university because I couldn't see across the classroom to even recognise anyone. I damaged my stomach a week ago and it got worse the other day and is taking forever to heal so eating and drinking is even more painful than usual, fun! And people wonder why I avoid going out for meals.

Am hoping once the weather improves my problems will get a proper time to recover. I'm supposed to be doing so much in January and February, I don't know if I can manage university next week where I have to give a presentation to the class. I'll have to make sure the rest of the group have the information and even then I'm not confident in their skills at presenting. Or turning up on time :o

So don't mind the hungry, thirsty, tired cripple feeling sorry for herself in the corner :p It should pass soon enough.

2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Things have a way of always getting worse, don't they? They say they sometimes get better too though. ;)

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I know the main factor currently is weather, same reasons arthritis gets worse for people in winter and rainy seasons. So unless we're in for an ice age, it shouldn't last too much longer :xx:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.