1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Eighth Dimension: #56 Majesty 2

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by 8people, Nov 8, 2009.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Has anybody played this game?

It's fairly new and exceptionally pretty, I've had a fair bit of fun with it but one of the early levels I'm having some serious trouble with. Dragons keep attacking me! Seems a little harsh for the fourth level of the game :lol:

You take the role of the last remaining heir to the throne after the previous king summoned a demon lord to prove his worth and earn the mantle of greatness so his portrait could hang in the halls of the palace, his ancestors defeated all the old dragons, great and wonderous beasts to prove their worth and earn their prestigious titles, but he had nothing left to fight.

As he had no experience and little practice the demon slew the king and claimed the throne, slaying all the regional princes and nobility who challenged him to a duel.

A royal advisor with a rather pronounced voice comes knocking on your door to train you to take the place of your heritage.

The game is full of subtle humour and implied stupidity that is quite fun to listen through the rambling preamble of each level and the cutscenes are attractive and lighthearted. It is a challenge to play and quite delightful in its manner, I have not played the original Majesty so have no idea how it compares unfortunately

2. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I remember buying the original Majesty and it was (and still is) one of my favourite games EVER! No doubt. I haven't had chance to play the new one but I would like to a great deal from all I've heard. Just wish the original worked on XP so I didn't have to get it over steam, but I might for some good memories.

Plus I never finished it cos some of the levels were rock hard...there was one where you started off poor and destitute and had a two headed dragon roaming the map right from the start...or where you had to fend off huge waves of Rock Golems...I'm sure I was missing something but meh it was fun as hell! (Temple of Fervis was my favourite with Warriors of Dischord ;))

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Check out GOG I believe it's on there actually, I will have another look for you :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.