1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

"EasyTutu" Distribution of Tutu

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Macready, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Ok, now for some feedback? I haven?t had any problems with it, and it works awesome.
    I really have to give it to you Macready for an excellent job with your Easy Tutu and for all the support that you have showed. And even though we had the small trouble with the icon, still was a very good and EASY install.

Side question; can the CLUAConsole and the cheats like "Ctrl + J" work with Tutu?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  2. Macready Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hello -

Thanks. It's always nice to hear positive feedback. :) And for my part, I'll say thanks to the folks at Pocket Plane Group for creating Tutu in the first place.

As far as problems go, make sure you've read the blurb about Beregost in the "Known Issues" section of the EasyTutu page. The Beregost glitch is the one major instability I know of in this version of Tutu.

Cheats and console stuff should work fine. I'm pretty sure that the baldur.ini has to be edited to enable them, so just open your EasyTutu baldur.ini and add whatever lines you would have added to the BG2 baldur.ini.

3. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

@Mcready, thanks again for all the work you did on this progect! I lied, I ended up playing a barbarian.

@Maurolava, The CLUAConsole works just fine if your BG2 .ini file is changed. The BG2 weapons and armor make power gaming the only option if used in BG1 though.

4. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I made a multiplayer party of Drizzt and his friends. Got hooked on the books, you see...

5. CharlieO Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

some weird stuff going on here.. neither the gui or the fixpack seem to work for me, also I didn't get a chance to pick kits for the npc. What have I done wrong?? Please help

6. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

EasyTutu does not offer the opportunity to choose kits for the NPCs. If you want that feature, you'll need to do a traditional Tutu install.

As for the GUI and fixpack, you'll need to be more specific. Are you getting an error message while trying to install those mods? What other mods have you installed, and in what order?

7. CharlieO Gems: 1/31

@macready

thanks for the reply.

The weird stuff about the gui and the fixpack is that the install runs smoothly no errors at all. I have no mods installed (trying to keep it real).

Sorry for bad grammar

another really weird thing is that when i trying to start up tutu by using the bgmain.exe file in my bg2 directory it starts up bg2 with bg1 apperence and when trying to start tutu by using the original bg1 shortcut it starts up bg1tutu but without the fixpack or the gui

[ January 24, 2006, 01:20: Message edited by: CharlieO ]

8. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

Tutufix and the BG1 GUI are mods. If you haven't installed them, you won't have them. Read the "Mods" section of the EasyTutu page, as it covers stable mods I've tried, where to get them, and in what order to install them. If you decide to try elements of Tutufix, skip the core bug fixes, because EasyTutu already includes them.

EasyTutu does not install itself to your BG2 directory. In fact, it will prevent you from doing so if you try. During installation, you had to choose a folder to which to install EasyTutu. In THAT folder you will find a BGMain.exe which will launch Tutu, or you can use the shortcut that got created during installation.

Again, EasyTutu does NOT include other elements of Tutufix (except core bug fixes) or the BG1 GUI. They are independent mods which you have to install. And when you install them, you don't install them on your BG2 installation -- you install them on your EasyTutu installation.

I have thought about providing a "turn-key" version of EasyTutu that comes bundled with a small selection of stable, high quality mods, but I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea. Learning how to install mods is an important skill to develop.

9. CharlieO Gems: 1/31

@macready

Thanks man, you sure helped me out, great mod! I feel like an total moron for theat install part, i did infact install them to the bg2 directory. "Doh"!

10. Maurolava

@Macready-

hey, first to tell you that everything is working great, but I think I saw somewhere that someone had a problem with the water in the game looking green. Is there any fix, or does it supost to be like that??

11. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

If the water in your game looks green, you can restore it to blue by disabling 3D acceleration using the BGConfig.exe program in your EasyTutu folder (or you can open baldur.ini in your EasyTutu folder, look in the [Program Options] section, and set 3D Acceleration=0).

At one point the Tutu folks were experimenting with a way to "de-greenify" the water when 3D acceleration is active, but they pulled that feature for reasons I am not aware of. I've never been able to see any noticeable effects from having 3D acceleration active (aside from the water turning green), so I play with it turned off.

12. Maurolava

@Macready-

So, anyother that the change in the water color, if I turn off the 3D Acceleration, does that chnage anything else?, or is the same quality picture?

13. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

Actually, I'd be interested in someone speaking up to defend 3D acceleration. I remember trying it and thinking "ummm, so what's different?"

Since then (and especially when playing Tutu because of the green water issue), I've left it turned off. I think everything looks great. Give it a try -- the worst that can happen is that you won't like it, and you can reactivate it.

14. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Before BG2's release, they said the 3d acceleration will affect only effects, graphical effects e.g. of spells. I didn't test it without 3d acc. though, so I don't know if there is big difference.

15. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I've not noticed any differences with 3D acceleration on or off--so they're probably minor.

16. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

EasyTutu has had an updated version released, mainly to add a few updates to correct game glitches. See the change log for details on the included fixes.

17. Anjo Gems: 6/31

Thank you Macready for Easy version of Tutu! For some reason original installed only in my c-partition which I don't have enough free space. With Easy Tutu I finally have chance to experience Tutu.

One question: Is there some reason for not being able to choose kits for NPC's? I really like'd to have that option in my game.

18. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

You're welcome. And thanks for the kind words.

Kit selection for NPCs was originally implemented in a questionable place, prior to the conversion even taking place. EasyTutu skips it in order to prioritize the goal of a more stable installation. If you'd like to select kits for your party members, the best option I can offer is to use Shadowkeeper to edit your save after having picked up a NPC. To do so, point Shadowkeeper to your EasyTutu installation (C:bad:Program Files\BaldursGateTutu by default) by selecting Settings -> Installation Directory... from the menu bar.

Perhaps I'll head over to G3 and pester the fine folks there to add kit selection as a component in Tutu Tweaks. :)

19. Anjo Gems: 6/31

Whoa! Didn't expect as quickly response!

That would be nice!

20. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

I just updated EasyTutu again to correct some invalid string references in the SoA version. If you are using the ToB version, this latest update really doesn't change much.

See the change log for the full details.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.