1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

"EasyTutu" Distribution of Tutu

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Macready, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Macready Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hello -

Again, Baldurdash actually isn't required for EasyTutu. But, it won't hurt, and Baldurdashing is (generally speaking) a good habit, and you will want Baldurdash for when it is time to play BG2/ToB, so...

Clicky.

2. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Well, I try to download EasyTutu_ToB.exe, i selected run and a window pop up "Extract EasyTutu Setup files to what location?", the destination folder was already notated "C:bad:Temp\EasyTutuSetup" so i just hit install, but i got an error message:

[Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation]

Help please, I don't know what to do!!

3. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

It sounds as if you had a problem downloading EasyTutu. Throw away the EasyTutu_ToB.exe you downloaded and try getting it again. The file size should be 22318 KB (22,853,274 bytes).

4. Maurolava

ok, so I downloaded again but it read only 152 KB??

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  5. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

When you click on the link, choose to save it rather than run it. Then run it from your computer once it has finished downloading.

Another way to do it is to RIGHT-CLICK the link. You should get a menu which offers a choice of saving the linked file.

6. Maurolava

Ok, Sorry I got it, I first got the small file (152KB) but when i download it again, it give me the big (22318 KB), and it work perfectly!!!

7. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

Great! Have fun. :)

8. Maurolava

wait, back that last one up, I dont find the shortcut to play tutu!! (well I fund it, but I think I have the same problem as Brallrock, the shortcut is missing)

9. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

Do you mean you cannot locate the shortcut on your Start menu? Or that you did locate it, but clicking it causes an error? If so, what is the error?

Try double-clicking BGMain.exe in your EasyTutu folder, and see what happens.

Here's another thought: did you by any chance run BG2's "BGConfig" program prior to installing EasyTutu? It has occurred to me that you and Brallrock have something in common: you both just did fresh installs of BG2. Perhaps BG2 must be "initialized" by running BGConfig and by running BG2 itself and setting your in-game options, prior to installing EasyTutu.

You could also try running the configuration program for EasyTutu by double-clicking the BGConfig.exe file in your EasyTutu folder.

10. Maurolava

I fix it, that shortcut that you provided with it, is actually a bitmap of the icon but not the shortcut itself, when I double click on BGMain.exe it work just fine!

At the questions, that if I run BG2's "BGConfig". Yes I did.

If anything I just created a shortcut of BGMain.exe, change the icon with the one provided and paste on the start menu.

11. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

Aw, crap. I'm an idiot. I'm looking at the code now and I think I see the problem. Might I ask: did you install EasyTutu to a folder that has a SPACE anywhere in the name (e.g., C:bad:Program Files\...)? Because the setup program is failing to delimit the path to BGMain.exe with quotations, which will more than likely cause the shortcut to be non-functional if spaces are in the path.

Please reply ASAP if you read this. I'd like to get this fixed immediately. What a dumb mistake.

Brallrock, if you're reading this, the problem may be limited to just the shortcut (that is, if your EasyTutu folder has a space anywhere).

12. Maurolava

No, I do not think... it shows C:bad:Program Files\BaldursGateTutu

Is that what your asking??

13. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

Yes, if you installed to C:bad:Program Files\BaldursGateTutu, that answers my question. When a path has a space in it (in your case, the space between "Program" and "Files"), it is necessary to delimit the path with quotation marks in the shortcut.

For example:

WRONG
    C:bad:Program Files\BaldursGateTutu\BGMain.exe

RIGHT
    "C:bad:Program Files\BaldursGateTutu\BGMain.exe"

The installer isn't adding the quotes. I'll get new versions posted tonight.

14. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I can't remember for sure but it does seem like there might have been a space.

I called my wife and had to her look and see, but I forgot, I uninstalled and deleted everything before I went to bed last night. I will go home and try again in the morning. Thanks for your help, I will update you after I try again in the AM.

[ January 21, 2006, 06:26: Message edited by: Brallrock ]

15. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

The new versions have been posted. If you read this before you reinstall EasyTutu, grab a new copy from the EasyTutu page before you start.

I'm sorry for the frustration this issue has caused you.

OK. I'm off to bed. :sleep:

16. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

A little frustration is a good thing for me as long as it doesn't go on for too long. I will grab the new DL and install away. Thanks again for your help.

17. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Question: I forgot to install the TutuTweak pack before starting a new game. Do I have to start over or can I just continue.

On the portrait issue: didnt try it, but I would assume the problem is still there since I didn't do anything about it. However, I just changed the portraits with SK.

18. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

@Mcready, it worked like a charm this time. I am now playing a my first monk ever. Thank you so much for your help. :D

19. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    @Macready: I was referring to the BG2 fixpack and the importance of not installing it after running easy tutu as reccomended in one of the posts above mine. I thought you still had to Baldurdash your BG2 install before running easy tutu. I knew you didn't need to patch BG1 but thought you still needed to patch BG2 before running the conversion. Is this not the case?

20. Macready Gems: 6/31

Hello -

@Bahir the Red:

Well, Tutu Tweak pack is not mandatory. If you do want it though, I'd probably restart after installing it. Save games are tied pretty strongly to mods. You could also ask the mod authors directly in the Tweak Packs forum over at The Gibberlings Three.

OK, fair enough.

@Brallrock:

Great! Sorry again for the mixup. It's frustrating on my end also, to have done quite a bit of work and then fumbled the ball on the one yard line (shortcut creation is pretty much the final step). Good luck with the monk, they are a bit underwhelming at BG1 levels. :)

@Drew:

The BG2 patch is necessary, because I need the updated BGMain.exe in order for the program which "Tutu-izes" it to work. Baldurdash is not necessary for EasyTutu, because the Baldurdash fixes are already included.

That said, Baldurdashing is never a bad idea, and the BG2 install will need it anyway for when it is time to play BG2, so I suppose I should stop picking nits.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.