1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

dual/multiclassing?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Vicsun, May 12, 2001.

1. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Is that possible? I don't want to be a thief ONLY. When I got thief trained I lost a lvl 6 fighter. I know I can get back to the fighter with the prophet or Dak'kon but I want both classes active, coz I don't want my fighter to be for nothing.

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No, it's not possible to be two or more classes at the same time. :(

You're not for nothing in any class you play. If you need a thief and his abilities, but you want to remain fighter or mage, make use of Annah.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 12, 2001).]

3. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

So if I want to become a mage/thief all the XP i've earned is for nohing?
    O.K. I've another question - where is the nearest person who can train me to be a mage - I don't want to wait unill lower ward.

edit> How come Da'kkon is a fighter/mage and Annah is a fighter/thief, and they both progress as multi-classed characters?

[This message has been edited by Vicsun (edited May 12, 2001).]

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31

XP is not for nothing. More levels you earn as thief, more things you can teach Annah in thieving.

As for multiclasses on NPCs, I really don't know why Nameless One can't be mc, but that's what BI made.

First person to teach you the Art is Mebbeth who lives in a hut at Ragpicker Square.

5. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

[​IMG] Thanx! You halped me a lot.

6. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

BTW Extremist you leveled up. You are an Ettercap Ripper now. Congratolations you have finally reached the 350 posts!

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Thanx Vic, but take this as friend's note: don't spam or doublepost (use edit) - moderators get nasty when they see that.

Another note about new avatar since you're new here and you probably haven't seen many of my previous posts. I tried everything to get my goblin chief avatar back, but moderators had no heart. Having an ettercap or anything else is not my style, I simply feel as goblin chief.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 12, 2001).]

8. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The IMO is a kind of special character, but if you look in has stats screen, you se something important: He is a human, and humans don't multiclass, they dual class, although in this game it works a bit different. Da'kkon is a gith, while Annah is a tiefling!

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Now Grovflab, we know that about humans.

So, I tried with hex editor to change his class to dc or mc, even with changing him into non-human. And always crashed then after reloading. It simply wasn't made to get Nameless One in more than one class... Or my hex editing skills suck...

10. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I know, that you know that about humans. ;) It's merely an explaination to why IMO can't multiclasss!

[This message has been edited by Grovflab (edited May 14, 2001).]

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Anyway, Nameless One couldn't multiclass in BG1, BG2, IWD and their expansions. But in PT (although D&D rules) everything looks turned upside down, so why couldn't he be a few classes at the same time? I mean, for a human it is not common to be immortal, then why would it be strange to be multiclassed? If they sticked blindly to all rules, many things wouldn't be imported in PT game.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 18, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.